How popular is threading

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timeless Tanning

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

As the title says really. I'm hoping to do a threading course and just wondered how popular this treatment is for you all?

Jackie

Hey Threading is the new craze, eyebrow waxing is fair going out the door!!

More defined eyebrows and woman who are so bothered about the stretching causing wrinkles when waxing dont have that complaint anymore! Go for it!! It will be that bit more expensive than waxing. Its great on the face and chin and lip also.

I hate it my girls are qualified but I won't have it in the salon.

I spend my week rectifying bodged eyebrows from threading.

Eyebrow waxing is my most popular treatment.

I hate it my girls are qualified but I won't have it in the salon.

I spend my week rectifying bodged eyebrows from threading.

If the eyebrows are "bodged" then this isn't because they have been threaded, it's because they have been threaded by incompetent therapists!

I offer threading and it is really popular. I have people who seek me out specifically because I do threading. It's been a great add on for me.

I completely agree with elliebee, you could have botched eyebrows from incompetent threading, waxing or even plucking.

Iv been doing threading for the last year and absolutely love it, my clients love the finished look aswell, it can give you a more defined look and can be much more accurate.

Well worth the short course :)

Threading is definitely the way forward! I've been having my own eyebrows threaded for sometime now and I'm always getting asked at my salon if we do threading (we don't currently, but one of my staff is going on a course for it next month, so we will be then!) It's fantastic and once you're good at it, very cost effective as it has barely any outlay cost for you and round where I live, salons are charging up to £15 for threading (I personally think that is a bit steep, but if that's the going rate, fair enough and set your price accordingly). X

Waxing and threading will both provide defined eye brows if the therapist is skilled.

Threading is not better than waxing they are just different methods to arrive at the same conclusion.

Tweezers are essential for the final precision shape.

And waxing eye brows will never go out of fashion any more than threading will.

Like every service each method will have its followers and detractors.

Peace and respect.

Jacqui

Thanks Ladies for taking the time to reply. For those of you that have learnt threading, did you do a one day course and can any of you recommend a good place to train.

I did my training with Salma's Beauty Academy. They train at various locations throught the UK.

Although it is a one day course and the technique is fairly straightforward, it is like most things. It takes lots of practice.

The busier I get with threading the quicker I am, and am much more confident now about shaping rather than just "tidying"

I would encourage you to go for it.

Good Luck x

I did a one day course and as with everything else the more I have done the better I feel about it.

My husband now likes it !

My friends are asking me for it now as well. Its a lot better than waxing in my opinion, I have had mine done for years and my threader is fantastic I hope to be as good as her one day.

Thanks Ladies.

I've definately decided to do a course. Just to find one now. If anyone can recommend a good course around London/Berkshire/Oxfordshire, I would very much appreciate it.

I have a few client interested in this treatment so I think will be worthwhile for me.

x

helloo, I am not a beautician but I do hair and nails . do you think kt would be worth it for me to do a course in threading ? would it complement my other treatments or should Ieave it to
the beauty geeks :) thanks x x

Your nearest Capitals will a course. I think they still use lorraine onnorato she is fantastic. Done mine there 4 years ago. Very good one day course and fully accredited!! Good luck xxxx

Threading is a great quick versatile treatment however if u are a hairdresser and have not done eyebrow shaping before i would reccomend you concentrate on that is you want to offer it. You can take a course in a day and learn the technique of threading but its applying it to eyebrows that is the tricky bit. Your shaping skills need to be up to standard. Many people think by taking the course they will be able to "do" eyebrows but this is just the method of hair removal. Knowing exactly where to remove the hair from, the shaping and imagination still needs to come from you.

ah brilliant thank you Turkish delight never thought of that :) think I'll leave it to the pros ha ha . thanks for your advice x x

Latest posts

Back