How to achieve this, attempt one

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlene1983

Reaction score
Hi I had a client request the first pic and the second pic is my attempt. I used a glitter mix and brushed into tacky layer of shellac beau. Any tips on how to achieve the first pic a little better? I use nsi acrylic and Gelish & shellac
Thanks X
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1450387880.450427.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1450387894.339683.jpg

Beautiful xx

I would mix the glitter into my acrylic and blend up to zone 2 x

I used clear tips and radiant pink acrylic. I was thinking if I blended the glitter into the acrylic it still wouldn't cover as much as the first pic. Does anyone think I could brush a layer of studio white behind the glitter or use a natural tip? X

I did this on my own nails but with gel. Use natural tips, clear acrylic, then paint with a matte nude/pink and apply glitter into tacky later and blend up. The natural tips fills in glitter a bit so it's not so sparse looking. Do 2 coats of glitter of needed. I wouldn't use white underneath the line would be too crisp. The natural tips give a good blend.

You can see on little fingers of first photo that natural tips were used. You can just barely see the line

Looks like a fine white/silver glitter at base with confetti glitter on top

Beautiful!

How do you get the sparkle effects on the photo, did you use an editing app? I'm such a technophobe lol

There is definitly white under the free edge glitter, I suspect it's L&P Baby Boomer style fade then the glitter

Thanks everyone my customer text to say she loved them! I agree with the natural tip for next time. I used an app to add the glitter stars effect it's called perfect image in the App Store X

Latest posts

Back