How to charge for repairs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LisaV.

Reaction score
How do ya'll charge for repairs? I have regulars and walk-ins come in for 1 or 2 repairs in between fills and I usually charge $5 for one and $8 for two. I have to set my table up the same as if I were going to do a fill, and schedule about 30 mins, in which time I could have almost done a regular fill and made 4-5 times as much. How do ya'll handle this?
TIA
LisaV.

I try to charge my full set by each finger. So for example, if my full set is $50, then I'm charging $5 per finger. This is how I price my repairs. Some techs charge differently depending on what kind of repair it is. Whether they have to soak what's left of the nail off, and apply a new one, or if they are just fixing a crack. But no matter what, it's about the time you spend on it (as you said above). So that should be factored in as well.

Thanks, just wanted to see if I was in the norm. There are some places around here that charge next to nothing for a repair, so I thought I might be overcharging. I also thought that I was charging what my time was worth. I think I will continue to charge what I feel my time is worth.
Lisa

*hug*
No problem hun, you have to charge for your time, and for the work/product used. When I first started, I used to be afraid to charge clients for repairs. I was intimidated, and thought that it was my fault they needed repairs in the first place (of course we know that's not always true!). And of course we know that SOME clients will do whatever they can to try to get a freebie out of you. So good for you for not doing what other techs around you are doing in regards to NOT charging for repairs.

5.00 is the minimum charge in my 'salon' just to sit in the chair.

I factor my price at .50 per minute or 30.00 per hour. 10 minute repair is 5, 20 minutes in the chair is 10.00 etc. If the client knows this ahead of time there are no surprises and it helps you to speed up as well and not waste time talking etc.

Latest posts

Back