How to claim your product costing back

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How to claim your product costings back

• Product

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Money

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nadinelee22

Reaction score
I am just starting to get my things together to open my nail business I was wondering if any one no's on how you claim all your product costing back, Thanks x

How do you mean claim it back?xx

Don't quite understand your question?

Aww, you have a Yorkie too Jersey Jock!

Do you mean offset it against tax?

Aww, you have a Yorkie too Jersey Jock!
BONNIE
image.jpg

Love wee Yorkies!

Hey lovely.
You need to register as self employed with HMRC, also register for self assessment and NIC!
You can't get the money back (only by charging clients accordingly) but it will be deducted from your tax bill at the end of the year!

You are allowed to earn £10,500 (I think, may be more now) per year before you're taxed.
When you earn over that threshold, your expenses (products, bills, uniform, accountants fees, etc) will then be deducted off your tax bill!

Eg. You earn £11,500 but you've spent £1000 in products etc, you have no tax to pay . . . .

Hope this makes sense! I have an accountant so I don't have to worry about doing my tax return. Good luck! :D

Hey lovely.
You need to register as self employed with HMRC, also register for self assessment and NIC!
You can't get the money back (only by charging clients accordingly) but it will be deducted from your tax bill at the end of the year!

You are allowed to earn £10,500 (I think, may be more now) per year before you're taxed.
When you earn over that threshold, your expenses (products, bills, uniform, accountants fees, etc) will then be deducted off your tax bill!

Eg. You earn £11,500 but you've spent £1000 in products etc, you have no tax to pay . . . .

Hope this makes sense! I have an accountant so I don't have to worry about doing my tax return. Good luck! :D

Hi missy are you saying you don't have to pay tax on your profits if you earn less than £10,500? X

No. You only pay for any profits over £10500

Hi missy are you saying you don't have to pay tax on your profits if you earn less than £10,500? X
This only applies if you have no other source of income ie if you also have another paid employment job elsewhere and your beauty /hair self employed income is on top of that. Everyone has a personal tax free allowance they are entitled to, but if you earn,for example, £15000 a year in a salon /retail job, your tax free allowance will be accounted for in that wage and then all your self employed income will be taxable x

I'm sorry someone told me that that wasn't the case and I was quite confused as I thought it was [emoji16] x

Thank you missy87 that helped, am going to see about accountant next week, think I've quite confused a couple of people sorry if I have :) xx

Phone hmrc or ask your accountant if you have one, they will give you all the info you need x

Latest posts

Back