How to create these nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolled Up!

Reaction score
I love these and currently use gelish for my gel manicures. Any ideas how I could create this look ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1388428973.665108.jpg

That looks like minx on the tips xx

Dashing divas maybe..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I love these and currently use gelish for my gel manicures. Any ideas how I could create this lookView attachment 51549

Ok ! Here I go!!
Right I think that they have used a high gloss gold all over the nail.
Then I think they have top coated in in gloss all over the nail.
Them I think they have used either a French tip guide or scotch tape to cover the free edge down to the smile line, then used a Matt top coat on the rest of the nail.

Did all if that make any sense or am I talking complete boardadash.

I did these for a client using silver Chrome Shellac, a matte top coat and silver transfer foil. Apply Shellac as normal but finish with Gelish matte top coat. Remove inhibition layer. Apply regular top coat to free edge and cure. Carefully press the transfer foil to the free edge and top coat free edge only and cure

Sent from my SCH-I545 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for replies, any photos of the ones you produced? I think it must be foil on the tips with such a high shine. Looked at dashing diva but they don't seem to do a silver so the hunt goes on.....

Harmony kooky nail wraps do a high shine silver.

Ok ! Here I go!!
Right I think that they have used a high gloss gold all over the nail.
Then I think they have top coated in in gloss all over the nail.
Them I think they have used either a French tip guide or scotch tape to cover the free edge down to the smile line, then used a Matt top coat on the rest of the nail.

Did all if that make any sense or am I talking complete boardadash.

There are much faster and easier ways using veneers like Minx and a Dashing Diva and they give a smoother shinier mirror finish that foils do not give.

Dolled up ... Have you never heard of Minx?? :eek: from Sweet Squared 08452106060. Silver or gold lightning Minx.

Yes I have heard of them, do you think the whole thing is minx or just the tips? I shall have a look on s2 x

Yes I have heard of them, do you think the whole thing is minx or just the tips? I shall have a look on s2 x

Just the tips .. and they are very easy to do.

Great geeg will get some order, not actually had a go with minx but sure I will pick it up x

Actually I have had a look on the S2 site and Dashing Diva do a beautiful looking silver mirror-effect appliqué called Metallic Mercury Rising.

In your case I would recommend Dashing Dive to you as you do not need an infrared lamp to warm them before application (which you do need with Minx).

The DD Metallic Mercury are full cover appliqués and it is very easy to cut them into strips to use on the free edge and gives you heaps of applications.

I use the centre of a nail sculpting form as a template and place it over the appliqué and just cut a smile line with my curved scissors. the two different ends of the centre piece from the form gives you 2 different options for the smile line .. one deeper than the other. HTH

Fantastic, thank you so much for your help, look forward to giving them a go! 😀

I'm 99% sure that these are the false nails that you can purchase. I have seen very similar designs on factory printed false nails recently where the Matte is very matte and the tip is perfect and super shiny.
If I'm wrong and the nail tech who created such perfect nails is out there them I'm keen to learn your techniques!

Latest posts

Back