How to create this with Megamix?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louise2019

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I want to create this look, I'm totally new to megamix so going to try it out tomorrow.
Here's the look
481a07f994c9effc57fcc6f5aa2932f0_zps3579ba36.jpg

My idea on how to do it would be to prep nails.
Base coat cure 2 mins
Mix megamix with white then put on nails and cure for 2 mins.
Mix each colour seperate, one at a time and start with purple. Take it on my sponge and dab it around the top to the nail avoiding the cuticle.
Do I cure this once on all fingers?
Then move onto blue and mix with megamix and dab it on nail with sponge then cure and so on?
Once all nails done, do I cure, remove tacky layer and then topcoat?

Sorry I'm totally new to this all. X

There lush.
Here's how I would do it.....

Prep nail
Base coat and cure
2 coats of white ( I use Gellux so Purely white) and cure 1 at a time obviously
With a soft gel brush paint various colour pigments thinly onto the nail in rainbow fashion
Topcoat, floating gently and cure
Maybe Topcoat again if I can feel any grain.

Mm is amaze, but mixing loads of different colours up at a time seems like too much mess to me!
But hey everyone does this differently...
Good Luck 😊

Thanks a million. You've been very helpful. Yes it will probably be messy alright.

When you say mix pigments thinly onto nail do you mean just my regular nail polish without mixing it with the megamix? Or with it? X

I would just use the pigments no mega mix or polish at all.
PIGMENTS or mica powders or additives are basically pigmented colour in powder form,(look a bit like a crushed eyeshadow)and you brush them onto the tacky layer of gel polish.

Check out the ombre fade thread on here or YouTube ombre rainbow with additives maybe.

Good Luck :biggrin:

Thanks for your reply. I don't have any other polish only regular nail polish and my new megamix. I'm a little unsure what you mean? Sorry I'm totally new to this. I've compleated a gel and acrylic nail course but it didnt include any nail art so I'm trying to learn myself from scratch.

Ps I just has a look on youtube and they use shellac with the additives. I do t have any only megamix.

Last edited:
Only thing is if you cure each colour you may not get to blend the colours into each other as nicely.
At least if you put the colours on you can blend and fade colours into each other as much as you like before you cure, just my opinion though hun x

Thanks for your reply. Maybe ill have to try it out trial and error first

Latest posts

Back