How to do glitter tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shelley Clarke

Reaction score
Hi

I would really like to know how these are done. I tried mixing my powder with the glitter but the results were rubbish. I must be doing it wrong because the ones i've seen on here are lovely. I would really like to do these for xmas so any help or tips much appreciated.

Thanks

Shelley

What was it about the result that you didnt like?
If you can explain a little how it turned out, it maybe easier to advise.

They looked dull not bling and the application seemed really clumpy. But is this the right way to do it? Or do you pick up your bead first then roll in the glitter?

Shelley

Some peeps pick up the bead & roll in the glitter but personally I like to add the glitter to my powder beforehand.
If you use a fine enough glitter, it shouldnt be lumpy, unless you add too much. I add 1 scoop glitter to about 3 scoops of clear powder. I dont measure this exactly though, as I've been mixing for a while now and so feel my way along with it.
If you manage to keep your application nice & thin, then cap with thin layer of clear l&p over the top, this will allow you to buff to a mega shine without taking the colour out of the glitter.
Hth.

Ooh just thought...best to use clear tips if tipping!

hi there , i sculpt my glitter tips, with nail graphix powders, from fina, natural nails, they are the bizz, nice to sculpt with glitter mixed with clear powder, easy to get a smile line and BLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have a go!

Thanks will give it another go. May get the nail graphix glitters as mine may not be fine enough.

Shelley

Glorsclaws said:
Some peeps pick up the bead & roll in the glitter but personally I like to add the glitter to my powder beforehand.
If you use a fine enough glitter, it shouldnt be lumpy, unless you add too much. I add 1 scoop glitter to about 3 scoops of clear powder. I dont measure this exactly though, as I've been mixing for a while now and so feel my way along with it.
If you manage to keep your application nice & thin, then cap with thin layer of clear l&p over the top, this will allow you to buff to a mega shine without taking the colour out of the glitter.
Hth.

Ooh just thought...best to use clear tips if tipping!

This is how I do it too. I mix my powder before I begin to make sure the glitter is even. I have tried rolling the bead in the glitter but it didn't work for me. I am currently wearing a nice sparkly set of red glitter tips which have had loads of comments. I'm trying to get my clients to go for something different for Christmas, as much as I love p&w, it's nice to have a bit of sparkle & colour for the festive season!

Latest posts

Back