How to get majicontrast bright red or magenta red on scalp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jodipodi

Reaction score
Hi all....haven't been on for ageess....but would love some help as I want to start the way I mean to go on to save allergic reactions and mish mash colour.
I've used majicontrast on scalp before.... Talking about my head here btw..... And it's lush.....but I've realised that I shouldn't. I've reacted to bleach before on the odd occasion, so I'm even more careful of what I mess about with so.....
Recently I've gone from 30v bleach with a dialight frosty milkshake toner...to a bright red. I had half a tube of majicontrast which I took through my regrowth -from as close to the scalp as possible without touching , and then used a majirouge 6.66 10v over the scalp/root once I'd finished the initial majicontrast application, and throughout the rest of my hair ...it came out a bit wishy washy however I expected this and had a lovely vermillionred crazy colour to go over it after rinsing the maji off. Turned out very nice.
I want to carry on the red but unsure how to...
Would I be best to continue with 6.66 30v roots and 10vol over the lengths to upkeep, or possibly the crazycolour? Or something else? .. I'm worried it's just going to end up a half hearted red rather than a really really bright red....
Can anyone give me any pointers please on something I can use for on scalp as well as lengths and ends.....(I would like to try and get more of a 'majicontrast magenta red" next time though).
Pre bleach isn't an option, I want something that I can do in one go.....
I've read 'majimode' is a hilift.... But never seen or heard of this until I popped on here.
This is the kind of red I'm after keeping.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-20-21-01-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-20-21-01-51.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 421
Last edited:
Ive used majicontrast on clients in the past on scalp, never had a problem.
Apart from terrible fading!
6.66 would honestly be your best bet, such a beautiful colour.
how dark is your regrowth? 30vols quite high, obviously depending on how bright too x

Majirel 6.66 with loreals 20vol, then dilute with water for the ends.
thats what loreal recommend to do rather than remixing with a no brand 10vol.
you just never know xx

Hiya, I have used it on scalp myself a few times...but im not willing to risk a reaction now.... I've been caught offguard with a bleach burn before and it was eye watering to say the least...(and I'm one of these who usually shoves anything on my own head)...not anymore.

Id say I'm a Base 5....some might say a 4 but I don't think I'm that dark....I want the vibrant bright red, so do you reckon the 666 20vol on scalp? What if I wanted it to throw more of a pink red (like majicontrast magenta red) rather than an orange based like the majicontrast red?
Thanks x

Jodi, as a nail tech, you shouldn't be asking on the hair forum for DIY advice.
My apologies, just read you just did your l2 hair. Soz

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403297444.521789.jpg this is the ion colour (like crazy colour) in crimson. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403297480.480395.jpg

It's lovely missy, but just not what I want....I have uploaded a pic of how I want to get it/ keep it......a bit Rihanna/Jodie marsh but not a 'neon' red, however a lot brighter than this one you've uploaded.... It's lovely though xx

I've only been able to get neon bright red by prelightening, then manic panic. Even majimodes are a bit dull in comparison.

Sorry persianista....I want it bright but 'not' neon.....Jodie marsh's often looks neon and yakky....I love the majicontrast colour, but just want to get it very close to that, without bleaching up first.
The photo I posted firstly is perfect.....bright red, slight pink undertone, but not 'neon' xx

With how dark your base is, and more of a magenta tone I would opt for 6.66 majirel.
Ive recently done my sister in laws hair majirel 6.66 with 20vol that was more magenta red then orange toned red. Beautiful too.
wella do nice reds on your dark base 55/65 20vol would be amazing but probably not as vibrant.
Apart from those I havent done a really vibrant red without using majicontrast magenta.
x

Love these....

Attachments

• article-2090585-116AF41E000005DC-652_468x335.jpg
    article-2090585-116AF41E000005DC-652_468x335.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 819
  • article-1342885227789-1427c4a5000005dc-580476_568x553.jpg
    article-1342885227789-1427c4a5000005dc-580476_568x553.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 538
But not these....

Attachments

• images (3).jpg
    images (3).jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 326
  • images (4).jpg
    images (4).jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 148
With how dark your base is, and more of a magenta tone I would opt for 6.66 majirel.
Ive recently done my sister in laws hair majirel 6.66 with 20vol that was more magenta red then orange toned red. Beautiful too.
wella do nice reds on your dark base 55/65 20vol would be amazing but probably not as vibrant.
Apart from those I havent done a really vibrant red without using majicontrast magenta.
x

Thanks Liss, that's great....fingers crossed,.....just want to check something though....I've used majirouge - what's the difference between that and majirel?? x

Thanks Liss, that's great....fingers crossed,.....just want to check something though....I've used majirouge - what's the difference between that and majirel?? x

Majirouge is the name for the 'red family' x

Jodi, as a nail tech, you shouldn't be asking on the hair forum for DIY advice.
My apologies, just read you just did your l2 hair. Soz

Hi iv seem you recommend manic panic a few times on here, do you recommend this for when doing "crazy colours" x

Am I the only one who noticed the part where the OP said she put maji contrast over hair which has been bleached to a level 10 with 30vol?

I really think you need to go on some basic colour courses. These colours contain pre lightener so you really shouldn't put them over pre lightened hair, they are for level 5or6 and below.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Did you all notice that you are giving advice to a non pro too?

Did you all notice that you are giving advice to a non pro too?

Just noticed you studied l2. BUT you obviously are very rusty on color knowledge so I would suggest going to a hairdresser or you are going to end up with bright red hair but in a brown paper bag, blisters and burns on you scalp and maybe permanent hair loss
Plus magenta to me is a /65 or /56 tone

Nearlyme....you must have misread my post because I did not put majicontrast on 'level 10 hair which had been prelightened with 30v'......I actually put it on my regrowth area which was about an inch and a half of Virgin root base 5, as close as possible to the scalp, trying my best to keep off the scalp. I applied majirouge666 allover after this, once rinsed a final covering of crazy colour vermillionred. I did post all of this already.

I certainly would go on and do extra course etc if I was actually providing a service, however I'm not.
Just after a bit of colour experience from those with a bit more in depth knowledge.
I do appreciate that advice shouldn't be given to people willy nilly, but I do have the basics under my belt, just wanted a bit advice.
Thanks xx

Latest posts

Back