How to get rid of a client in a nice way

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmberStevens1

Reaction score
I have a very difficult client who is nasty , judgemental and makes me feel so uncomfortable to the point where I get anxious about her appointments. I have a good client base so not bothered about the loss of money from her.
How do I go about losing her as a client without sounding horrible?

Oh dear that is horrible, I had one such client and I prayed about and she one day it of the blue told me she felt I was not emotionally involved enough. So she left ! I nearly started doing the happy dance at work.
Basically I don't think your manicurist is meant to be your emotional battle ram so I kindly told her that as much as I am touched she feels the need to update me (even out of all times ) I have to please request her to not message me after hours.

So not too sure how your client behaves , but I wish you good luck.

I said to mine 'I'm sorry, i think you should find a new technician as I don't seem to be able to provide the nails you require, maybe a different tech would be better for you' - I said it and the end of the service after she paid then neither of us was left feeling uncomfortable.

Its not fun but feels like such a weight lifted - good luck

I said the same as Trinity and it was such a relief.

I've only had this a couple of times in nearly 14 years thank goodness.

One I told her what trinity said but sadly she said no, she still wanted me [emoji33] so I had to be ill and get in touch when I was better [emoji15][emoji85]

Another time I was just constantly booked which is fine unless you're sat there with your diary at the end of the appointment [emoji51]
In which case I found next time my diary got lost and I said we'd re-arrange by message which is much easier to wriggle out of by being booked up

I hated doing this but some people won't take no for an answer [emoji84]

I would politely decline to re book and maybe recommend another technician. It is not worth getting stressed over x

Has she booked her next appointment? If not and your waiting for her to get in touch then it's worth trying the fully booked/books are closed method! x

My personal opinion is not to make up excuses. It may seem easier but honesty is best.
It can be done in a professional manner

I just had to let a client go. First time in 27 years! I called her and told her I would not be able to do her nails anymore. She asked why, I told her I did not think that I was making her happy, she explain she was happy and that was just her personality, that she did that with her hair stylists also.... I was firm and finally just told her it wasn't working for me. I rehearsed beforehand.. I feel like a weight has been lifted, she was a bad human and now not someone I have to hold hands with. I wished her the best and got off the phone. Just be kind and firm, don't use words like maybe, might...

Latest posts

Back