How to keep nail polish looking good?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baby11

Reaction score
As you know I have just started to wear nail polish but I am wanting to keep it looking good without fading.

As a housewife and Mother to a 9 month old baby my hands are always in and out of water. I have tried to wash up etc with gloves and I find it hard to wash with them so prefer not to use them unless necessary. (Is this a good thing?)

At the moment I have used OPI nail polish (been on about a week) and every two/three days etc I top up with another layer of top coat and every two/three days rub Solar oil into them.

This this the best way to keep them for not fading? Or do I really have to keep on wearing washing up gloves?

Thanks

What you are doing sounds OK but I would apply SolarOil daily and top coat about every 5-7 days..

I never wear gloves either .. can't stand the smelly things. So to make up for no gloves you have to pamper your hands and nails with SolarOil and something like the delicious Almond Soothing Lotion too from CND; do this daily.

Solar oil daily? Will do, do I just apply a tiny amount? And I'll space the top coat to every 5 days.

Is the Almond Soothing Lotion a hand lotion? At the moment I am using a cheapish hand lotion but really could do with something decent.

I never wear gloves either .. can't stand the smelly things. So to make up for no gloves you have to pamper your hands and nails with SolarOil and something like the delicious Almond Soothing Lotion too from CND; do this daily.

i am so glad that someone else feels that way about gloves, my husband thinks i am insane because i wont wear them!

Have to agree about the solar oil its like magic lotion!

xooxoo:)

Solar oil daily? Will do, do I just apply a tiny amount? And I'll space the top coat to every 5 days.

Is the Almond Soothing Lotion a hand lotion? At the moment I am using a cheapish hand lotion but really could do with something decent.

Yes just a small amount of SolarOil daily is sufficient.

Almond soothing lotion is a hand lotion or a body lotion .. very very effective.

Thank you I will keep a look out for that :)

I might have to start wearing rubber gloves to wash up in :cry: at the moment I am wearing a dark chocolate colour and love it. Thing is when I've finished washing up the hand I use to scrub with has lost a bit of shine and its took the nail polish off the free edge looks a mess :cry:

I am applying Solar Oil a good 4 times a day and hand cream everytime I wash up.

Dont know what else I can do to stop it? Apart from wearing the dreaded gloves?

I'm the same but have to wear gloves,if not I get VERY dry skin.

I agree with SolarOil a little bit goes along way every day :)

Try and use your hands a little more gently when you are doing these jobs. some peeps go at scrubbing like 'a bull at a gate' and some do the job but without being so aggressive :lol:. Of course the hot water softens the polish a bit and then the scrubber is wearing it away more easily.

I never wear gloves, and I do allot of hand washing up and scrubbing like most women, but I don't tend to wear the polish off. If I want to reestablish the shine factor, I just give them another coat of AIR DRY form CND. I find two coats of this product lasts and lasts for me.

i hope it will last for me as well, thanks for your reply

Latest posts

Back