How to link facebook and websites?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hazelb

Reaction score
I'm trying to understand facebook.......... I've come a long way but I'm having trouble working out how to get it to work with my web sites!

I have two web sites Swindon Acupuncture treatment |Acuhome.co.uk and Acupuncture,cosmetic,beauty therapy Swindon| www.hazelsholistics.co.uk and a facebook page www.facebook.com/hazelsholistics

I'm trying to integrate them, and I'm not sure if I understand how they work together..so this is my plan:

I want to give people who visit my web sites a chance to 'like my web site' so that info about the site appears in their timeline ..Do I do that with a like button on my site?

I also want people who visit my site to be able to follow my facebook business page so they will get all the latest updates and offers.........How do I do that?

Also ( Last question) if I put a like box on my website, can i set it up to show the latest news from my facebook page?

Is this the right way to do things or have I got it all wrong?:lol:

ta

Hi,

I am a technophobe so I hope someone will come along soon and help you properly, but in the meantime i will share with you what I did to link mine.

On my website that I built myself there is a Facebook icon that when it's clicked it takes you to my FB page. I have this on every page on my website along with the phone number.

When I am on Facebook and want to promote my website I simply put the web address in my status update and up comes a link to my site.

If you don't have a FB icon to click on you could just write on your websites home page your FB address and do it that way. I have no idea how you have your Facebook open and running on your website to see the latest news, sorry.

You only need a like page and the most they can do is have a like page on your website so they can click and they will see your page updates on there timeline.

Also you can have a snapshot of the latest posts from your like page on your website but requires some coding and depending on what platform your website is built on will depend on how easy it is.

You only need a like page and the most they can do is have a like page on your website so they can click and they will see your page updates on there timeline.

Also you can have a snapshot of the latest posts from your like page on your website but requires some coding and depending on what platform your website is built on will depend on how easy it is.

The web site is fairly static, it's not a blog type web page that has regular updates, any regular updates will be on my facebook page.
Should I try and go with a 'like box' that will appear on my website, showing the latest news etc?

I can do basic HTML coding.

...I feel a Christmas experiment coming on! lol

The web site is fairly static, it's not a blog type web page that has regular updates, any regular updates will be on my facebook page.
Should I try and go with a 'like box' that will appear on my website, showing the latest news etc?

I can do basic HTML coding.

...I feel a Christmas experiment coming on! lol

Believe or not that makes it harder lol. Should still be fairly easy though. Did you design the website yourself? If so using what?

I think going with a like box on the website showing latest news its best.

The acuhome site I built myself and is due a big overhaul.Very old school but it works ( just) lol!

The hazelsholistics, I used a responsive template ( HTML5 and Js animated )and edited it in dreamwaver.

I'm updating them all the time ( mainly following your hint's and tips!)

PS I LOVED the printing you did for me.......top quality job;)

I'm glad you were happy :)

I think as a whole your coding skills exceed mine no doubt! I'd be surprised is there isn't a bit of code you can insert and you'll just need to tweak. Google will be your best friend here!

If can't find what you need on google my friend who does this kind of thing for a living says when stuck sign up and ask a question on - Stack Overflow

Latest posts

Back