How to make hair more yellow?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Millie1245

Reaction score
Hi guys

I have googled my heart out of this one to no avail...

I had my hair done yesterday in balayage, having the roots darkened and ends lightened. The roots are a really brassy/auburn colour and the ends an ashy blonde. This just doesn't look right and I'd like the ends to be a more golden blonde, ie yellow.

I read somewhere about putting lemon juice on it... is this a good idea? Or shall I just apply a box colour to it? But if I do, any tips on how to just get it on the balayage/highlighted strands, and not the auburn brown?

Any advice appreciated, thanks!

This shows the auburn roots and the cool highlights - any suggestions

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    184.3 KB · Views: 74
If it's not what was agreed, go back to your hairdresser and ask them to rectify it.

Lemon juice will just dry it out and won't change the colour. This is hairdressing not the Great British Bake-Off. :D

Also, don't be tempted to DIY using a box colour as it's guaranteed not to look like (the picture on the box) how you want it to and will then cost you more money to get you back to where you are now!

For what it's worth, I think it looks nice and natural in that picture.

If it's not what was agreed, go back to your hairdresser and ask them to rectify it.

Lemon juice will just dry it out and won't change the colour. This is hairdressing not the Great British Bake-Off. :D

Also, don't be tempted to DIY using a box colour as it's guaranteed not to look like (the picture on the box) how you want it to and will then cost you more money to get you back to where you are now!

This!! Get back to 5he hairdresser pronto and get it fixed if you aren't happy.

Thanks for the feedback... my hair was done for free as a model, so I have no right to complain!

I don't think the highlights are ashy at all.

By the way your eyes are gorgeous!

Thanks for the feedback... my hair was done for free as a model, so I have no right to complain!

I'd still return and ask them to rectify it, if you're not happy. I understand your reasoning, but I have to disagree with your thinking. If it's a salon or college that does a lot of training, they should be used to clients coming back for corrective work from time to time.

In my opinion, it's equally vital when training in colouring, that the student completes a thorough consultation to ensure the client is going to be happy with the end result. Fact is, it's impossible to be a great hairdresser, if your consultation technique is lacking.

If they just wanted to practices colour mixes and technical placement, they could just as easily use a training head. You can't treat a person as a dummy head and ignore them. That's just wrong!

If it's a friend who is practising and you don't want to embarrass them, could you book in as a model with another student perhaps?

I actually think the colour looks really pretty. But if you are not happy with it you have every right to go back. Every hairdressers client/model is a walking/talking advertisement for their work and business, so I'm sure they want to you be happy and spread a good word! And it's very easily fixed!

Latest posts

Back