How to neutralise/cover green hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lorna_

Reaction score
Hi!!

So I've been colouring my hair blue for nearly a year now. However every time it fades to a greeny colour in places (some pieces stay lovely and blue)

How can I neutralise or cover the green areas? I've tried bleaching out but it doesn't really work. And covering with more blue doesn't work either.

When I first coloured my hair blue it was on a faded purple. Reckon if I put a purple all over and let it fade and then reapplied a blue it would work?

Any advice appreciated!!

Thanks guys

Often bleaching the hair makes the colour stain the cuticle so their isn't really a way to neutralise it. What brand do you use for the purple and blue?

I've used blast, Schwarzkopf colorworx and joico colour intensity

I've used blast, Schwarzkopf colorworx and joico colour intensity
Green requires red to neutralise it, and blue requires orange, this for sure apples to oxadising colours, I've never professionally worked with direct colours, only used osmo blue, which faded into a green, then put crazy colour fire red over the top to make purple, I coloured over it however a year ago as it was on the last 3 inches of my hair. Try it and see? Water it down first with water so it doesn't go mad, 4 parts water to 1 part colour on a small test strand at back of head and let me know!

Perfect I'll try it! Thank you

Latest posts

Back