how to prevent glue extensions damaging my hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allieXayrshire

Reaction score
hi

im just waiting on the hair coming to get my extensions fitted but thought id ask people how to prevent them damaging myhair as ive heard the glue ones can be quite bad. I know my extensionist will tell me all this but just want to make doubly sure my real hair will be ok. Ive had micro rings before but turned out i was allergic to the nickel in the bonds and loads cam out within weeks so ive went for glue ones this time with a different extensionist. Does anyone have any tips to look after them? im actually a bit scared of getting them as the micro rings i had were a nightmare but im hoping the glue ones will be comfier to wear but scared of them damaging my hair lol xxx

hi
the fusion (glue) extensions tend to be fairly comfortable just dont get your straighteners near the bond and avoid oil based products near the bond too.

it all depends really on who's doing them and theres different types of bond. do you know anyone that has had them with this girl? if so you should ask them and have a look at thier bonds.

damage only really happens from improper removal so you should always have them professionally removed. lots of people pick at them which causes breakage of your own hair. All in all i love them, my hair has grown loads while having them in

good luck xxx

Hi, yes I agree with tantrum keratin bonded extensions are excellent when put in correctly
but .... do make sure your extensionist is well experienced and holds full qualifications for hair extensions and has up to date insurance , make sure you get lots of after care advice and a printed after care sheet ,
do go for the best hair you can afford ,
or a good question to ask your extensionist is can the hair be re used....
as most good hair can be fully re installed again , good unprocessed European hair can be re installed time after time :)

cheaper hair usually can't be re installed and will usually only last for the duration or less, so sometimes cheap is just not worth the hassle

also as long as you keep up all the proper maintenence on time you should have no problems at all ,
let us know how you get on
:) minky

thanks for your advice thats reassuring to know. I will definetly be having them professionally removed. Is it also true that you should have a break every few months and maybe not get new ones in straight after having some out? The extensionist that is doing them was recommended to me a friend told me she is brilliant and really experienced but ive only saw a photo of my friends hair which is what made me ask who done them and go there, ive not seen her in person though.

Last time i had the micro ring ones they were all one length and when i tied them up the ponytail was still massive and uncomfy so think im going to get them styled this time. Do you know what sort of style would make them more easy to manage and comfortable if you get what i mean? I thought maybe if the extensions had shorter layers but still keeping the length it may makie the ponytail less bushy and make them feel nicer. Could this be done without cutting my own hair? xxx

heya
i'm never without them, if done and removed right theres no reason to have a break. i got rid of my bob with extensions. I know what you mean about the bulky look, i've actually to cut extensions tomorrow that another person done, the girl said she has a huge chunk of heavy hair.

I lift the extensions in layers from the bottom and shake the shorter natural hair out then razor to blend. that way the natural hair is untouched yet the bulkyness is gone, you can still keep all the length it just tapers down like your hair naturally would plus you dont have that horrible blunt "i have extensions" look xxx

yeah thats what i mean lol i really like katie price's the way hers are in layers. Id obviously like to have them long so want the bottom layers long but i thought if there were shorter layers it might be easier to tuck up at bedtime. With my last ones i felt like i had an extra head when i tied them up lol .are you a hairdresser or do you just do extensions?xxx

Latest posts

Back