How to price Olaplex?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heather1992

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying olaplex to offer as an additional treatmentbut not sure how to price it? Either as stand alone treatment or with a colour.
Thanks

Hi I started off charging £20 a service be that in colour or as stand alone treatment this has slipped a bit and if there hair is knackered and a regular client I just use in bleach but I would still charge for a treatment.....

Olaplex is like liquid gold to me. You can get 35 stand alone treatments out of it. The kit is around £215+vat from sallys. You use 15ml no1 and 15ml no2 and the whole process takes around 35-40mins. What profit margin do you require to make it worth your while?

Hope this helps. X

I've had OLAPLEX for over a year....it's great, and I LOVE IT.....BUT
Client's don't want to pay for it! :p
I know it works, and am very passionate when explaining the benefits....showing before & afters results etc.....
Joe Blogs is a tight bast*rd, and I often come across this;
Oh that sounds great...I might have it next time
How much!!!! er, no thanks, I'll pick up something similar in Superdrug
Wow...that's expensive...I'll order it myself via Amazon.

Please don't let me put you off...it really is a great product, but just wanted to let you know how difficult I have found justifying the cost of the service.:(

There are a few ways to do this. 1. As an add on in you chemical. You can offer Olaplex as an additive at an additional cost to your guest. or 2. Raise your prices on all chemicals services across the board and incorporate it "without extra charge". My staff does it as an add on, and I myself raised my prices and include it. In how your guest reacts to your offering has nearly everything to do with your presentation of it. Explaining clearly to them what it does, and how its going to benefit them and their service. As far as the Amazon issue, I tell my clients I will not guarantee anything not purchased from me or my salon, and if they are willing to take that risk, its up to them. When I put it that way, they walk out with it from my salon no questions asked.

Latest posts

Back