How to re-create these nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jojo@salongeek

Reaction score
One of my clients has sent me this pic, I'd like to be able to do them for her. Has anyone done anything similar? I don't quite know where to start. Thanks x
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364194551.260384.jpg

To my eyes, it looks like a dark navy polish, with a lighter grey or pale blue lightly sponged over the top to make the mottled denim effect, and a matte topcoat applied remove the shine. Then zipper stickers/water decals over the relevant fingers.

Could be done the same way with a gel polish, if you buffed the topcoat to remove the shine, and used the appropriate colours too. I do remember a thread a while back with the geeks using very similar zipper decals bought from the popular auction site :)

EDIT:- actually, here is the tutorial for those very nails for you :)

http://www.copythatcopycatnails.com/2012/04/denim-zipper-nails-product-review-from.html

Last edited:
Are you thinking of this with shellac or something similar? If so I'd do
Usual pep
Base
Colour on all x2 but use a light say romantique or such under the ring finger to get the unzipped detailing. Cure,
then apply decals,
topcoat,
remove shine where needed with your block,
solar oil and done hth.x

Well I'm not sure how you'd do them in gel, but with regular polish you paint the denim shade and while its tacky press in a piece of denim for the texture, then do the decals. You could get away with a very light top coat as long as it settles into the pattern :)

I did these with gelish, for the matte effect just buff the topcoat :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364205751.849726.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364205751.849726.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 486
I did these with gelish, for the matte effect just buff the topcoat :)

Love them! Are the zips decals? Where from? Thanks x

I did these using shellac and additive, client wanted to keep shine though x

Attachments

• zip.jpg
    zip.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 681
Excellent guys thanks ever so much xx

Love them! Are the zips decals? Where from? Thanks x

Hi waffle yes water decals you can get them from eBay. £1.99 and postage £0.73. X

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

I'm new to nails and want to try these decals. How so you apply them to gelish nails? Do you put a top coat over and cure also?
If someone could explain their process I would really appreciate it.
Gonna order some off eBay soon xx

I'm new to nails and want to try these decals. How so you apply them to gelish nails? Do you put a top coat over and cure also?
If someone could explain their process I would really appreciate it.
Gonna order some off eBay soon xx

yes, just put on a builder and than cover with finish.

Love, love this design. Anastasia is sooooo talented. And always has a great shots. I am crazy about zipper design, its so unique. And I want to share the seller that I discover on eBay
2 PK Zipper Nail Water Decal Art | eBay
I think its a great deal, I checked a lot of other sellers but this one has the best deal. I hope my info will be helpful for someone.

Latest posts

Back