how to repair natural nail??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

novo

Reaction score
I have a lady for a manicure booked in with lovely strong long natural nails, however one is broke/splitting across the free edge, I dont do wraps as I cant get on with them, any suggestions what to do to save this lovely nail??
thanks

What system do you use?

You can overlay with l&p or gel - I would use some adhesive to close the split and overlay with either l&p or gel - it should hold long enough for her to grow some length again, then file the others down to match in a fortnight or so :green:

:hug: thanks I use gel and L&P but hadnt thought of adhesive??so will have a good look at the offending split make sure its clean etc. Many thanks for getting back.

You could put a bit of silk 'in' the gel for super strength.

Gel all over all the nails would give a nice strong permanently glossy finish.

Hi there

Put a small amount of gel over crack, just enough to make it tacky, place a piece of precut silk over crack, slightly bigger than crack, make sure silk is dabbed into gel and cure and carry on as normal.

Deb379

I agree with Minkus and Deb379. For repairs, I use just a small piece of silk to cover the area of the split, apply a little gel over the silk, cure it and then buff to make smooth.

many thanks guys, appreciate the advice will try the silk/gel overlay.

Latest posts

Back