How to search for a local service

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Titch16

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I'm really wanting to have my hair done (just like one of the geeks did on here with ombré) but I'm worried as to how I would know the hairdresser has done this before and is able to do it. My usual hairdresser is just standard cut blowdry etc plus she's on maternity leave anyway.
Im in derbyshire so looking for someone who offers this if you could pm me where you are and prices?

I feel the same! Recently moved to NE Derbyshire & don't know where to start finding a good hairdresser or experienced lasher!! Can be an expensive trial & error I guess, like most other clients Xx

Hi, not in your area so can't help in a practical level- but what I will say is go in to a few places for consultations to get a feel for the salon and for the potential stylist/colourist.

Take pictures of things you like and don't like especially with ombré/dip dye as the affects differ.

You will soon know if someone is confident and pictures are a great help for me hen I have a new client as hair especially colour is so personal and individual!

Look online for reviews and at salons websites ( I think websites says a lot about the salon) good luck

I'm really fussy when it comes to my hair and when we moved to Hampshire I used to tag along with mypartner if he was having his hair cut at unisex salon and used to watch the other women's hair being done to see if I liked the results to see if i would consider having my hair done there.

I also phoned a of hairdressers and asked a lot of questions, it took me a while however I now have an amazing Hairdresser who I trust and would highly recommend x

Last edited:
Thank you for your advice geeks. Will start having a search as its my birthday tomorrow so my partner is going to treat me to get my hair done..... Yey :)

Latest posts

Back