How to store polishes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emzil16

Reaction score
Since getting shellac in I haven't used any traditional polishes for a while, I came to use them the other day and they had all gone horribly thick and hard to use, so just wondering how best to store them as they are out on display and don't know if the heat sunlight are affecting them as I m not going thru them as quick as I did. Should I keep them In the fridge or is this an old wives tale?

If you've got a fridge then yes put them in there otherwise in a cool dark cupboard.

Jacqui xx

Last edited:
Take a look at Young Nails Mani q clear gel, a good way of using up your polish collection. [ Its a clear gel that you can mix with regular polish] :)

i would like to here more on this. How do you mix or apply it. I have Mani-Q.

Go to the Young Nails web site, they have written intructions on what to do, its easy peacy. :hug:

Take a look at Young Nails Mani q clear gel, a good way of using up your polish collection. [ Its a clear gel that you can mix with regular polish] :)

Really??? I haven't gone to take a look yet but that's extraordinary. Can you use any polish with this gel and you cure it like one of the hybrid gel polishes?

Jacqui xx

Since getting shellac in I haven't used any traditional polishes for a while, I came to use them the other day and they had all gone horribly thick and hard to use, so just wondering how best to store them as they are out on display and don't know if the heat sunlight are affecting them as I m not going thru them as quick as I did. Should I keep them In the fridge or is this an old wives tale?

You do need to keep your polishes out of heat and sun, but you can still display them in the room where you work. And yes, it is an old wives tale about the fridge. Just an ambient temperature is fine for polishes and in the UK we have plenty of ambient corners to show off polishes :lol:
Ambient by the way means temperatures between 60ºF and 70ºF or 15ºC and 21ºC for those of you who use Celcius thermometers.

Sometimes if the polishes are thixotropic, you only need to roll them in your hands for a short while for the polishes to thin again.

Latest posts

Back