How to style thinned out thick hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HannahJG

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I am a massage therapist but looking to get some advice from hair stylists please...
Basically my natural hair is thick and wavy and I had a lob that was now too long. My stylist and I discussed putting in layers to flatter the longer length. She remarked on how bad the ends of my hair looked where it had been thinned (this was true; it basically looked like stringy split ends as soon her colleague had talked me into it 18 months ago). She said that she wouldn’t do that.
Fast forward and she told me I had to keep my eyes closed whilst she was cutting. Suddenly I heard and felt the tell-tale painful tug of the thinning shears being pulled through my hair. I was shocked, but by the time she noticed the look of horror on face she’d already done too much to go back. She’d gone really short with the shears - from around 2 inches all over my head.
I used to be able to just rough dry my hair and tidy it up with straighteners. Now I cannot style it at all. I look like an actual Christmas tree. There’s broken hair sticking out everywhere. I’ve gotten over the idea that it’s going to take me years to grow this out again, but I could really do with some advice about the best way to style it now please? I tried doing it sleek but I looked like I’d stepped out of 1999...
Thanks so much in advance!
Hannah x

Latest posts

Back