How to tone down my hair colour??? (blonde)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mum2Leo

Reaction score
Hi,

I have naturally dark blonde hair, was light as a child but then got darker (like a manky dirty blonde)

I've been colouring my hair since the age of 13 i'm now 23.

I used to love the blonde my hair was- my home hairdresser used to vary between a weller/capital's own #11 or #12 tint.

Last october (2009) i stupidly decided that i wanted my hair brown.

She mixed a red and a brown together and it took and came out nice but after 2 weeks i decided i hated it and wanted to be blonde again.

So she got me back blonde by using a 30 vol cream bleach on my hair for 90 mins.

Thing is its way too brassy if thats the right word??
Its very yellow/white and is "block" in colour...has no multi-tones to it.

I've tried putting box dyes over it since the bleaching incident in october (that was the 1st time i'd ever had bleach on my hair) but no colour seems to take on my hair.

i really want it toned down, i've tried ash blonde, baby blonde and champange dark blonde but to no avail.

i'v hopefully attatched a picture in my album (link below) of my hair

If you have any advice on what colour to put on it, be it a supermarket box colour or a wella/capital colour it does not matter.

http://www.salongeek.com/members/mu...ant-toned-down-but-not-sure-colour-choose.jpg

looks like you got a problem!! sounds like you have a heavy bulid up of colour on your hair it will need cleansing and starting a fresh go and have it professionaly done as tint will not lift tint will take a few go`s to get it right but you will get there in the end hope this helps good luck :)

My hair is bleached blonde and I use a purple shampoo (either lee stafford beach blonde or john frieda) from boots. I only use it once or twice a week and it helps knock out the brassy tones!

Other than that perhaps you made need a trip to a salon as only a professional is ever going to be able to put it completely right!

xx

looks like you got a problem!! sounds like you have a heavy bulid up of colour on your hair it will need cleansing and starting a fresh go and have it professionaly done as tint will not lift tint will take a few go`s to get it right but you will get there in the end hope this helps good luck :)

Can i ask what you mean by Cleansing???

Is that the same as having the colour stripped out???

Does that not cause damage to the hair??

Latest posts

Back