How to use pre designed tips??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tove

Reaction score
Hiya!

How do you use the pre designed tips?Are they like french tips and you dont have to blend them???If you blend them wont the design wear off??
:)

You don't blend them hun. Just place them where you want them on the nail and overlay with your products. It's that simple!

Laura

Tove said:
Hiya!

How do you use the pre designed tips?Are they like french tips and you dont have to blend them???If you blend them wont the design wear off??
:)

good question! to date i havent used these but have always wanted to. But if you dont blend them dont you end up with really thick enhancements and a visible join line?

elfprincessem said:
But if you dont blend them dont you end up with really thick enhancements and a visible join line?

No. The design is printed on the tip. You place the tip exactly where you want it on the nail bed and apply your adhesive. Then you overlay it with your product of choice. If you blend it, it defeats the purpose, you'll be blending off the design on the tip. They will be no thicker than any other enhancement. There is no visible join line in the way you are thinking of it. There is supposed to be a noticeable demarcation between the natural nail and the tip.

HTH

Laura

scratchmyback said:
No. The design is printed on the tip. You place the tip exactly where you want it on the nail bed and apply your adhesive. Then you overlay it with your product of choice. If you blend it, it defeats the purpose, you'll be blending off the design on the tip. They will be no thicker than any other enhancement. There is no visible join line in the way you are thinking of it. There is supposed to be a noticeable demarcation between the natural nail and the tip.

HTH

Laura

thanks for that, i have actally had some sample ones for a while now but have put of using them incase they didint look right, thanks for clarifying how to use them x

Does anyone know where i can buy some good quality pre designed tips?:)

i have used pre designed ones before i always gentley buff the shine off the tip not to hard or the design will come off and use clear l&p over them.

I use the pre-designed tips from Nailiteinc. and they're always cheaper on Mondays :green:

I've been told they don't need buffing but.... it's best to buff.
Use a yellow block buffer and very very very lightly, buff enough to say that you did, but no more or you'll take off the design.
You do NOT blend them, and it's not necessary as the line *(since they are clear) will not be visible.
HOWEVER for those with a clear and deep well, you may want to blend that as it tends to be a bit thick and if you prefer the strength to be in the product as opposed to in the tip....

I hope that this helps.

HUGS

I have pre-designed zebra stripe tips on at the mo,i only ever get the ones where the design does not go all the way up the well as you really do need to be able to cut this down in order to get the best application just like you would on a french tip,you do need to LIGHTLY buff the design, i use my white block very gently just to take the shine away, too much and the design comes off too!.
Many places sell these but i can highly recommend and i have bought from her mysef "Suey" she is a geek too and also retails as Atyourfingertips, if you find her in the members list then click on homepage it will bring her website up.
And a little tip for those who don't already know;
when they have grown out after few re-balances and you see the awful line, you know like when you use the white tips,,don't soak off, all you have to do is file product off tip area and the design will be removed too (be carefull when you see design coming off so as not to go through the tip:eek: ) re-apply product and you are left with lovely natural looking enhancements or apply white and have french without having to start from scratch again!
:) :) :)

VHunter said:
I use the pre-designed tips from Nailiteinc. and they're always cheaper on Mondays :green:

why are they cheaper on mondays? :confused:

I don't do nail enhancements, but looking at the pre-designed tips I was wondering ......

The well area hasn't been cut out, so if you just put them on the nail "as is", there won't be a nice smile line but just a straight line....

Won't that look terribly odd ?

River

elfprincessem said:
why are they cheaper on mondays? :confused:

On Monday's, they have "Mondays Sale" with pre-designed tips and nail polish on sale (and a few other items).
They usually have 2 designs that are ummm 4.99$ usd, and the rest are like 6.99 or something like that.
The rest of the week, they are 8.99$ usd.

This is per 70ct.

Hope that this helps :green:

Latest posts

Back