How would you achieve this (extensions)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessec2000

Reaction score
OMW I seem to be getting such awkward requests recently [emoji37] especially for hair extensions.. Not your typical full head volume [emoji52]

I had a woman in yesterday requesting the pic below with extensions..I have been searching the www and I see beauty works do a lovely Balyage hair (but quite pricy)

Any ideas on a supplier and would I need to place the differently to a normal full head set of extensions?
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1461472511.156127.jpg

She has dark brown shoulder length hair very similar to pic

I don't think this could be achieved without her having a colour first.

I don't think this could be achieved without her having a colour first.
I see .. So maybe a subtle Balyage first?

I would balayage first and then match ends colour to extensions, possibly dying the roots of extensions aswell to ensure the blend is seamless, would be quite difficult to find extensions with the exact same colour and blend x

I've done this quite a lot and although it's a long process it's definitely worth it for a stunning result x

I see .. So maybe a subtle Balyage first?

I wouldn't say subtle no because hers is hardly subtle.

Theres no way it could be achieved with just extensions because as you can see from the picture her actual hair is light, if you did it with extensions it'd just look like a dip dye kinda thing.

I would balayage first and then match ends colour to extensions, possibly dying the roots of extensions aswell to ensure the blend is seamless, would be quite difficult to find extensions with the exact same colour and blend x

I've done this quite a lot and although it's a long process it's definitely worth it for a stunning result x
She doesn't wanna colour her hair [emoji37]

Was thinking of going in with a mix of her colour at the top and some Balyage strands from beauty works.. Might work out quite nice what you think ?

I would do balyage BW I've stifled to find any other true baleyage all others are just really a dip dye or ombre. The BW ones have a nice thickness also. Mix it with maybe some standard colour ones too if you worrying about the cost but advice she won't get the full look without colouring the front xx

I would do balyage BW I've stifled to find any other true baleyage all others are just really a dip dye or ombre. The BW ones have a nice thickness also. Mix it with maybe some standard colour ones too if you worrying about the cost but advice she won't get the full look without colouring the front xx
Yeh I agree totally .. Thanks chick [emoji8]

BW as in Beauty Works hair? They do beautiful balayage colours! X

I don't colour hair and always get requests like this [emoji23][emoji23] I get them to colour there hair and then add extensions accordingly but I've done something similar using 4 different colours and one was actually ombré it did work but was a risk I took I got her to sign on the consultation form to say she was happy for me to add the different colours ect but if it didn't work out we hoped it was her choice il up load the pic now x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1461600605.855418.jpg

That was one I done I've got another pic

Is it really ?? Who would you use for a project like this ?

Personally i'd be colouring the clients hair and matching to the ends then root stretching the extensions.

Ombre I did using bw balayage her natural hair was all back x

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    296.8 KB · Views: 48
Don't think I'd do it again though as would of looked 10x better if her own hair was balayage x

Latest posts

Back