How would you do this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Absie

Reaction score
Somu clients hair is like this 1st picture, only now more su damaged and dry on the ends

And she wants to go to the 2nd/3rd pictures

I have 2 cutting samples so I can check the lift
I have done an elasticity test and it's good

She likes the subtle variance in colour

I thought maybe all over bleach to the roots using 6/9% (leaving out the ends which are bleached/lightened already )
Plus Olaplex
Then going in with slices
colour (likely 12/69) and
bleach (maybe 3/6% depending on condition of hair)

Am I crazy..is there a better way...?

He natural is a 6/7
And it's coloured

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    104.4 KB · Views: 45
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    54.1 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    71.9 KB · Views: 22
If it's already feeling dry and damaged through the ends I wouldn't go lighter.

I don't think 12/69 will do that much because the hair has already been processed quite a lot.

I would use 8/81 colour touch and a lightner in foils.

But I wouldn't do anything until her hair is in better condition x

thanks for the reply.

the olaplex should make quite a diference, iv seen it first hand...and it defo does do wonders.

so the 12/89 was going onto lightened hair...do you still not think it wll make a difference...the hair should be level 10(i dont have a 1096 in my colour house)

so,the colour touch wont do anything to her already coloured level 7 hair though right...? Could you explain to me this so i can understand why...?

are you saying to use this on the already bleached hair...?

sorry...dont mean to be obtuse

Yeah I'd use the colour touch on the hair you've already lightned.

So do your lightner all over, then colour with colour touch,

If it's already at a level 10 you don't need to use a high lift because you don't want any more lift x

Somu clients hair is like this 1st picture, only now more su damaged and dry on the ends

And she wants to go to the 2nd/3rd pictures

I have 2 cutting samples so I can check the lift
I have done an elasticity test and it's good

She likes the subtle variance in colour

I thought maybe all over bleach to the roots using 6/9% (leaving out the ends which are bleached/lightened already )
Plus Olaplex
Then going in with slices
colour (likely 12/69) and
bleach (maybe 3/6% depending on condition of hair)

Am I crazy..is there a better way...?

He natural is a 6/7
And it's coloured
I would probably advise the client that it won't happen in one go, but you can get her a big step closer to her target especially if the condition is already compromised, I'd do an olaplex before you start. No1 rule of olaplex is ; if you wouldn't do it without don't do it with!!
If you agree that you would, I would probably start by cleansing the hair to remove the intensity of the base colour 1 part blondor 4 parts pastel leave for up to 40 mins. Then do an okaplex no 2 for 10 mins after rinsing the bleach. Then I would probably do a full head of highlights of blondor and 6%, don't up it to 9% or 12 % and don't include olaplex as this really does affect the results. After your highlights are in, I'd apply a base colour inbetween the highlights that's on the same base level but counteracting the unwanted warm tones. Then I'd possibly tone it to neutralise any gold tones that would be left from the highlights and of course olaplex again to finish! I hope this helps and makes sense.

I would probably advise the client that it won't happen in one go, but you can get her a big step closer to her target especially if the condition is already compromised, I'd do an olaplex before you start. No1 rule of olaplex is ; if you wouldn't do it without don't do it with!!
If you agree that you would, I would probably start by cleansing the hair to remove the intensity of the base colour 1 part blondor 4 parts pastel leave for up to 40 mins. Then do an olaplex no 2 for 10 mins after rinsing the bleach. Then I would probably do a full head of highlights of blondor and 6%, don't up it to 9% or 12 % and don't include olaplex as this really does affect the results. After your highlights are in, I'd apply a base colour inbetween the highlights that's on the same base level but counteracting the unwanted warm tones. Then I'd possibly tone it to neutralise any gold tones that would be left from the highlights and of course olaplex again to finish! I hope this helps and makes sense.

thats a great help......and its a super long process....

so when you say..do an Olaplex before you start...you mean No.1 and a No.2. shampoo, condition, Dry and then start the colour...?...or OlaplexNo1 and No.2 and then rinse then straight to the bleach bleach cleanse...?
im seeing the hours tick away in my head is all!

im not sure how to go about pricing something like that to be honest, i have a price for a stand alone Olaplex treatment, No1 and 2...i basically add £15 to the service,..if its stand alone then its added to a blowdry.

thats a great help......and its a super long process....

so when you say..do an Olaplex before you start...you mean No.1 and a No.2. shampoo, condition, Dry and then start the colour...?...or OlaplexNo1 and No.2 and then rinse then straight to the bleach bleach cleanse...?
im seeing the hours tick away in my head is all!

im not sure how to go about pricing something like that to be honest, i have a price for a stand alone Olaplex treatment, No1 and 2...i basically add £15 to the service,..if its stand alone then its added to a blowdry.
You could do a no 2 first, as the no 1 is strong enough to fight colour, but as you're doing it before the colour there's no real need, I would charge £8 per treatment of no 2. Then you really need to see how long it takes and how much product you use to get the overall price. I'd then put Olaplex no 1 in the toner and apply all over, and then obviously no 2 as normal, for something like this I would normally charge around the £100 mark, it seems like a lot of money but that a lot of knowledge and time that goes into the work you're doing, and at the same time you're guaranteeing that the clients hair isn't being compromised. After doing this it would generally be a root application and highlights on the next appointment, so all the hard work is done in the very first appointment

Latest posts

Back