How young do you allow for nail extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Storme

Reaction score
Recently I have had people asking me to do nail extensions on 12 / 13 year old girls.
I myself do not feel comfertable doing that, and the youngest I will do is 16.

I don't mind doing some treatments, like mani / pedi's.

What are your views?

Recently I have had people asking me to do nail extensions on 12 / 13 year old girls.
I myself do not feel comfertable doing that, and the youngest I will do is 16.

I don't mind doing some treatments, like mani / pedi's.

What are your views?

Have you asked your insurance providers?

Not yet as I got asked yesterday and today by three different people.

16 - Absolutly.!!

There are more and more really young girls/children trying to grow up
Far too quickly. I've had women in the past asking me to wax their 11/12 year olds eyebrows & legs. I was mortified and declined.

At the end of the day, it is down to you I think. I don't recall my insurance companies specifying ages.

Just do what you are comfortable with, but you are right to be wary with under 16s. They are, actually, still a child (despite what they might think :) )

Xxx

Thanks Lola. This is exactly how I feel on the subject.

I do my 13 year old nieces nails... I don't see anything wrong with it, but if you do, don't do it.

Hi I am training but I have a 12 year old (13 soon) I do her nails she is my little guinea pig. She loves getting her nails done and half the girls in her year at school go to salons and get theirs done.
I think when I qualify if insurance allows me to I will do under 16 with a parents permission.

I see no harm in a manicure don't get me wrong! Just not Enhancements. x

Yeah don't get me wrong a manicure or pedicure can be done but I just couldn't allow enhancments.

Mani/pedi's are ok to do on youngins. No enhancements til at least 16. I say go with your instinct and stick with it. Shows a true professional.

It is worth checking with your insurance provider - you saying you are happy to provide these services to under 16's is one thing, but you might be surprised to find that you won't be insured to do these treatments. It is not uncommon! Better to be safe than sorry :)

Oh and I personally always get the parents consent and ask them to sign the client record card if under 16.

Latest posts

Back