How young is too young-twinkle toes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happy_girl

Reaction score
i have had people ask if i can put twinkle toes on their children, the youngest being 5 would it be ok to do with parents consent and in the room, my only worry is it they want it removed

This is hard one, i would call your insurance to ask just be safe xxx

Have you asked your insurance company if they would cover you for this? I personally wouldnt on a five year old, imagine if they had an allergic reaction? Maybe suggest to parents something more easily removed, trendy wraps maybe?

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek

I dont treat under 16's - its just too much hassle. My insurance does cover me with parental consent, but they also explained this to me - which also put me off:

'Please also bear in mind that any minor will have up to 3 years to make a claim from the time they reach the age of majority (18). So if you treat a 15 year old, they will have 3 years from the date that they are 18 to make a claim'

x

I get asked alot to minx and shellac 5 & 6 year olds . I don't even bother checking with insurance I just say no - even if my insurance said it was Ok I wouldn't be comfortable doing this on someone so young x

i have had people ask if i can put twinkle toes on their children, the youngest being 5 would it be ok to do with parents consent and in the room, my only worry is it they want it removed

What do you mean by twinkle toes, is it using gel or gel polish, like rockstar toes? Sorry im not 100% sure but if thats it wouldn't a really glittery polish do, with a few crystals chucked in?

If not you can do rock star over minx which would presumably have the same removal as minx, just uses a lot of products & you'd have to charge accordingly...

i did mean with a gel never thought of a polish i think i would prefer it that way, thanks everyone :hug:

I was asked to shellac a 2 year old the other day. :-|

I wouldnt just stick to polish I have just done 9 six to ten yr olds at a holiday club and painting their nails with polish and gems was bad enough lol x

Thats what I though Jackie why would u????

Thats what I though Jackie why would u????

No way would I ...I have a two year old and the thought of shellacking her nails - well it's just wrong haha ! x

Yeah defo wrong if she is getting shellac at 2 what happens when she's 6 acrylics???

I was gobsmacked. I advised her mum it might not be the best of ideas considering she wouldn't keep still while sat on her mums lap while she was having her shellac done (I did a good job considering!) and the uv light chemicals blah blah...she actually said "oh but she really like that colour though!" couldn't believe it I just said sorry insurance doesn't cover me lol

Latest posts

Back