I am a nail addidict!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailquueen

Reaction score
Hi,all ive got a problem,so my hubbie said.I just can live or function without my nails done.I change them weekly,i use a soak off gel.Different nail tips,colors & nail art.But they are not pratical when running a salon,waxing can be a pain,i ripped one off last week when doing a leg wax.Lucky i had my gloves on,so i din`t fly across the room.The eye lash remover takes the varnish off,if im between sets off gel & have varish on them.
Is it me?If my nails arn`t nice i hide them when i go out,as other people know what you do for a living.I take of the gel,but i can`t wait to get another set on,thinking what look i want next.I know about the acetone thing about over exposeing them.They are looking a bit short now & soft i can`t even open my shampoo bottle,to used to having hard nails with the gel on.
Is it time to just grit my teeth & grow them,and paint as offten as i like,even your hands are out of action for hours waiting for the varnish to dry,& then another hour to nail art then.Just before i stop going on can you put Glaze `n`go on the nail before putting varnish on,to make the natural nail stronger?:Scared:

Hi,all ive got a problem,so my hubbie said.I just can live or function without my nails done.I change them weekly,i use a soak off gel.Different nail tips,colors & nail art.But they are not pratical when running a salon,waxing can be a pain,i ripped one off last week when doing a leg wax.Lucky i had my gloves on,so i din`t fly across the room.The eye lash remover takes the varnish off,if im between sets off gel & have varish on them.
Is it me?If my nails arn`t nice i hide them when i go out,as other people know what you do for a living.I take of the gel,but i can`t wait to get another set on,thinking what look i want next.I know about the acetone thing about over exposeing them.They are looking a bit short now & soft i can`t even open my shampoo bottle,to used to having hard nails with the gel on.
Is it time to just grit my teeth & grow them,and paint as offten as i like,even your hands are out of action for hours waiting for the varnish to dry,& then another hour to nail art then.Just before i stop going on can you put Glaze `n`go on the nail before putting varnish on,to make the natural nail stronger?:Scared:

I know what you mean.. i'm at college doing level 3 at the moment and I'm not supposed to have any enhancements on at all but I can't handle it. My fingers feel short and stumpy without them and plus I want them to look nice because I think it's the biggest seller of what I do.

I also get bored of them very quickly, before I learned to do l&p I used to always be changing my polish, now I get impatient if I've had something on longer than 5/6 days and want to change it. I have two different hands at the moment.. one a long almond french and one a square black lace french :eek:

Unfortunately glaze n go isn't suitable for using over a natural nail but when I don't have anything on my nails, to give them a little added strength I put a couple of thin base layers of gel on my nails to give them a little added strength.. :)

I also get bored of them very quickly, before I learned to do l&p I used to always be changing my polish, now I get impatient if I've had something on longer than 5/6 days and want to change it. I have two different hands at the moment..

Ah, good too see I'm not the only one :lol:

I'm a nail addict too.

Everyone I know the first they say to me is "What have you got on your nails today" rather than "how are you?" ha ha...

With my nails looking great I feel good in myself, if I chip one while I am out or god forbid break one I hide my hands for the rest of the day.

For special occasions I have been known to do my nails to match my outfit to the extent of having them match the plaid pattern of my suit. ha ha. Oh dear. You gotta have a hobby. :)

I wouldn't have it any other way.....

Latest posts

Back