I am desperate for help. I have to move to Holland!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leni

Reaction score
Hi everybody.

This is my first visit to the forum and I am desperate for help.

I am Czech and 3 years ago got married and had to move to England (my hubby is English). Over 2 years ago I trained with the Star Nails and started a mobile business as a nail tech. Since then I expanded my service by offering waxing, pedicure, facials … Now when I have managed to built up a healthy clientele I have to move to Holland!!! I’m hoping to set up my own business over there but I don’t know where to start and I’m very scared!!! (And hopefully I should be pregnant by then as we are in the middle of an IVF treatment).

Are there any wholesalers (Sally, Adel), will my certificates be accepted?

Does anybody know? Can anybody help?

Any kind of response will be much appreciated. .

Lenka

Hi and welcome Lenka
we do have at least one Dutch nail tech that I have seen on here, can't remember her name though, hopefully she will see your posting and be able to help you. Or even better another Geek might know her name and then you will be able to send her a private message :D
x

leni said:
Hi everybody.

I am Czech and 3 years ago got married and had to move to England (my hubby is English). Over 2 years ago I trained with the Star Nails and started a mobile business as a nail tech. Since then I expanded my service by offering waxing, pedicure, facials … Now when I have managed to built up a healthy clientele I have to move to Holland!!! I’m hoping to set up my own business over there but I don’t know where to start and I’m very scared!!! (And hopefully I should be pregnant by then as we are in the middle of an IVF treatment).

Hi There Lenka

Am sorry i carn't help you with your wholesale question , but as Sandi has said i am sure there is someone on this site who can point you in th right dirction.
I just wanted to say am wishing you all the very best of luck in your new venture and hope your IVF treatment goes well, and we are soon to be congratulating you on your forth comming pregnancy.

:hug: :Love: luv 'n' best wishes xx

leni said:
Hi everybody.

Does anybody know? Can anybody help?

Any kind of response will be much appreciated. .

Lenka

Hi Lenka.

I really know how you are feeling. In August I am going to move to UK, because my husband is going to work there for 10 months. I am very happy I don't *have* to work to earn monney (he gets paied for me too! :-D), but after the 10 month in UK, we are moving back to Norway. Today I have very much customers, I sometimes have 5 weeks waitinglists, and I have a 180 square meters beautysalon so I can't just quit. My customers would have killed me! :) My husband and I have then decided that I have to travel to Bergen 10 days a month to take care of the salon and some of my customers. (How I am going to take care of all of them? I REALLY don't know, but time will show if this will work...:))

I am going to Holland (Utrecht) in the summertime. My husband have a meeting, ang guess what? I am going to visite a nailtech there! I have never been in Holland before, but I have some connections there because 1. My brother lived there for 1 year some years ago. 2. Some of my best friends worked there part-time a year ago. 3. Another good friend of me is from Holland. 4. My cousin live there, but are moving back this summer. 5 My husband have some work-mates there. Last summer I was in my cousins wedding and there I met a Norwegian who is doing nails in Holland, more exactly... oh... I don't remember the town right now, but I can check it out later... she's doing OPI-nails. If you want to, I can ask my cousin about this woman. You can pm me if you want more information. I am not sure if I can help you, but I will try the best I can.

Best wishes Cec.

Thank you all.

I hope that the Dutch girl will see my thread.
I went to visit the Beauty Trade Special Engelstalig in Utrecht 3 weeks ago to get some ideas about their market but must say I'm more than confused. It looks like whatever you need to purchase has to be done through catalogues and of course you have to pay P/P every time. And of course I have to learn the language! lol The town I'm moving to is Drachten and it is in Friesland (and they have there own language too).

Hiya Leni,
Welcome to the site,
There are two Dutch girls who sometimes post here, one of them is Jolan.
Maybe you can reach her here http://www.jolansnailart.nl/ and she can help you.
Good luck x.

Hi,

Just did a search for you and there is another geek on the site called AbFabElly who is based in Rotterdam. I don't think she's been on here for a while but there was an e-mail address on her profile which is [email protected]
Hope this helps x

Lenka, you LUCKY girl.
I have fond memories of Holland, where about's are you going to?
My partner used to live in Brunssum near the German, Belgium border, but we travelled a lot,,,there are some gorgeous places,,,,,not to mention Amsterdam eh??
There's also a health spa at Valkenburg,,,,we loved it, but did't realise the saunas were all nude!!! what the hell, if you can't beat them join em!!

Sorry, can't help you with a supplier, but I'm sure there will be some, but I bet you will have an absolutely fantastic time.

Let us know how you get on,

Christine.

Thank you girls.

You are all fantastic!!!!
Lenka

leni said:
Thank you all.

I hope that the Dutch girl will see my thread.
I went to visit the Beauty Trade Special Engelstalig in Utrecht 3 weeks ago to get some ideas about their market but must say I'm more than confused. It looks like whatever you need to purchase has to be done through catalogues and of course you have to pay P/P every time. And of course I have to learn the language! lol The town I'm moving to is Drachten and it is in Friesland (and they have there own language too).

yessss dont know if you mean me.... but I''m dutch and guess what...I don't live that far from Drachten!!!!!!! My mum was English but I have always lived in Holland. Do please email me if you want more information!!!
take care, maryann ( labbie) [email protected]

well I,m Jolan and from holland to.
you can mail me if you want.a little bit late maby.but i see this for the first time.

You certificates will be accepted here.
Drachten is in Friesland (and they have there own language too}
yes thats true Friesland is a litle bit :p :rolleyes:

I,m from Hellevoetsluis now and I was born in Rotterdam.

feyenoord!!!!!!!

[email protected]

Latest posts

Back