I am fuming!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KateeLouise

Reaction score
Hey geeks I am fuming, the boss f the salon I am working as decided she going to get the old nail technician back to work self employed like me and doing the same stuff as me. !!! I don't know what todo I am abit happy about it because she will do white tip acrylic and clear and I can do all the fancy ones I like todo, just abit angry, do you think I should leave or stay I don't know wt to do x

Competition makes us stronger and you are fortunate to be given the opportunity to do what you prefer. If I were you I would stay a little while to see if it works out well for you, if not move on. In my area frech acrylic is very popular and fancy bits only for special ocassions. You may find that the other girl ends up a lot busier than you. Difficult choice but if you can afford to it may be worth hanging in there for a bit in case it works out great for you or the other girl leaves again

Why has the other nail technician been taken on? Is it because you are so busy they salon are turning customers away? If this is the case then you should be flattered that your skill and work has produced such an increase in demand they need two techs to fulfill the need.

If you are sat twiddling you thumbs waiting on clients then that's a different matter and in your position I would be requesting a one-to-one with the salon manager/owner to find out what is the ongoing plan.

Friday and Saturdays are mostly walk ins, but Wednesday and Thursday are quiet some times Thursday can get busy Mondays I am dead no 1 in town so won't be going in on a Monday unless bookings appear, my French acrylics look amazing when there done but I was having trouble with lifting which I have hopefully sorted now, just abit angry about it to be honest as I have been messed about with previous nail jobs and I thought this job was going well but must not be doing. The other technician left for a better job with more pay and now she doesn't like her new job wants to come back. I just don't know what to do xx

I would stick it out and see how it goes. If its not working and you are not happy you always have the choice to leave.

Last edited:
Thanks Hun think I will stick at it and if gets uncomfortable and annoys me ill up and leave x thanks for the answers geeks x

Latest posts

Back