I can't get a nice icy white colour!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luckygal

Reaction score
I have a client who has a natural Base 6. She always wants it as white as possible, with like a nice icy white / almost grey like toner. She gets bleach on her roots with 30vol....(I had been using 20 vol in the past but it wasn't lifting very well) I leave it until it becomes a nice pale yellow colour and then rinse. Her ends are already a nice cool blonde so I don't apply any colour to it. The problem I seem to be having is the toner, I use L'Oréal, I've tried every ash toner, 9.11, 9.01, 9.02 and the roots just doesn't seem to shift! If anything I feel it gets warmer?! It's still got the yellow tinge from the roots.I leave it on the roots for the required time and mix correctly, but I feel it doesn't do much good. Do I need to rinse the bleach roots and then re apply the bleach until it becomes lighter? I'm worried about leaving the bleach on for too long incase it burns her scalp never mind reapplying it!
She never complains and always returns but I feel like the job isn't as well as I would like!

Please advise!
Thanks!

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have a client who has a natural Base 6. She always wants it as white as possible, with like a nice icy white / almost grey like toner. She gets bleach on her roots with 30vol....(I had been using 20 vol in the past but it wasn't lifting very well) I leave it until it becomes a nice pale yellow colour and then rinse. Her ends are already a nice cool blonde so I don't apply any colour to it. The problem I seem to be having is the toner, I use L'Oréal, I've tried every ash toner, 9.11, 9.01, 9.02 and the roots just doesn't seem to shift! If anything I feel it gets warmer?! It's still got the yellow tinge from the roots.I leave it on the roots for the required time and mix correctly, but I feel it doesn't do much good. Do I need to rinse the bleach roots and then re apply the bleach until it becomes lighter? I'm worried about leaving the bleach on for too long incase it burns her scalp never mind reapplying it!
She never complains and always returns but I feel like the job isn't as well as I would like!

Please advise!
Thanks!

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sounds to me that the regrowth isn't being lifted enough.
Do you use l'oreal professional peroxide?

I'm a natural base 6 but have a lot of warmth in it.. I've found 30 vol lifts it quicker but seems to leave a lot of yellow tones and my hair was much more damaged..

When I use 20 vol but give it as longer development time it actually lifts a lot cleaner and my hair is in a lot better nick! X

What if you tried Wella 10/16 with pastel peroxide? That could knock out the yellow with the violet in it if it won't lift anymore! Comes out really creamy and fresh Xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

10/69 illumina with pastel developer

Latest posts

Back