I could cry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninar

Reaction score
i had a new client in and wanted my little pony hair, her colour was different shades so I lifted it all to a clean 10, and I used osmo direct colours, pink blue and wild orchard I diluted them down to make pastel colours. She messaged me 3 days later to say the blond was coming through so I said I would go back and apply the colour again I explained it's a semi permanent and these fashion colours do wash out, she replied it's ok. So today on Facebook she has went to another hairdresser to sort it out. When I seen what her colour washed out to I was mortified but she wouldn't let me sort it for her instead someone else had. I'm mobile and just started out now this has made me think I can't do it no more. Sorry about the long post this is the first time this has happened to me x

These things happen, you will feel better in tommorow. Don't give up because of one client.

Do you always go to the same shop to buy a new dress? Not all clients go to the same hairdresser all the time x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Try not to let it get to you. I use osmo colour psycho wild orchid diluted to pastel pink on my own hair and about 5 washes with good pro shampoo and it's gone so goodness knows how fast it would go away with a non pro shampoo xxx

Yes totally agree with what the others have said. Pastels last only a few washes. Make it a bit more intense and it will last longer.

Pick yourself up and dust yourself off. You are going to be ok. As artists, we take things so personally. Have you photos at all?

Direct dyes always wash out quickly after the first time they're applied. They tend to take 2-3 applications to make them last a bit longer than a couple of shampoos.

It's normal, don't stress. :)

As much as us mobile hairdressers want to do crazy, wacky high maintenance styles, sometimes it's hard because you haven't got the resources of a salon and 100's of colours in the store room. If it's a lot of different colours or very bright coIours sometimes suggest a salon just to be on the safe side.

It's not your fault it washed out :) and I can guarantee it will also wash out of her hair even whilst being done by another hairdresser, these things happen xx

i had a new client in and wanted my little pony hair, her colour was different shades so I lifted it all to a clean 10, and I used osmo direct colours, pink blue and wild orchard I diluted them down to make pastel colours. She messaged me 3 days later to say the blond was coming through so I said I would go back and apply the colour again I explained it's a semi permanent and these fashion colours do wash out, she replied it's ok. So today on Facebook she has went to another hairdresser to sort it out. When I seen what her colour washed out to I was mortified but she wouldn't let me sort it for her instead someone else had. I'm mobile and just started out now this has made me think I can't do it no more. Sorry about the long post this is the first time this has happened to me x
First of all, you are absolutely correct in telling her the colors only last a few washes, even less for pastels. Maybe letting them know before starting the process for future could help diffuse this particular situation. Second of all, no matter how long you've been doing hair, you'll always have a client that makes you feel like the worst hair dresser in the world. It is the most important thing to realize that you are absolutely NOT the worst, and that mistakes happen whether it was your fault or the clients, and that you learn and move forward. But most importantly, you learn! Everything you've said has been correct. You knew what you were talking about in terms of the color. It sounds like the client was just looking for someone to agree with her and tell her that they could do a "longer lasting color". Which you and us all know is not possible. Therefore you are correct, and hope you can hold your head up and move forward! And these situations will happen again. And it's fine! One client is just one client!

And also, don't cry. Don't ever let anyone interfere with your mind and confidence enough to allow you to feel ashamed and cry when you are being nothing but helpful. The world of clients can get nasty. Gotta keep tough! Cause when your mind and confidence give up, you leave the industry. And it's just not worth that one experience to allow yourself to go down that road :)

Thank you so much for all of your replies it means so much to me.
I have a before and after, I wasn't 100% happy with the end result but she was. Hmm never mind. But again Thankyou so much I'm such a sensitive person to start with I know I need to toughen up

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    936.2 KB · Views: 93
I'll let you in on a little secret I've found :) if you want long lasting bright colours try out framesi pure colours, their in the 2001 & the glamcolour range, I've used pink with 6% I'm doing a freshen up of the roots tommorow, I'll put before & after pics up for you to see, I saw this lady on the 20th of October for the application & it's still just as bright as when I applied it (it's just we have a root present now!)
I have no idea what it'll be like to remove tho!

I'll let you in on a little secret I've found :) if you want long lasting bright colours try out framesi pure colours, their in the 2001 & the glamcolour range, I've used pink with 6% I'm doing a freshen up of the roots tommorow, I'll put before & after pics up for you to see, I saw this lady on the 20th of October for the application & it's still just as bright as when I applied it (it's just we have a root present now!)
I have no idea what it'll be like to remove tho!
Ah Thankyou so much

I'm new to the world of direct dyes and am finding out their behaviour on my own hair.

It does fade so quick the first couple of times but as sugarplumfaery said, the more intense they are to begin with the longer they last. I coloured underneath her hair with manic panic hot hot pink neat and it's still vibrant.

Still. Vibrant. Still. Has. Not. Faded!!!! I have a hot pink flash forever more [emoji8]

Latest posts

Back