I feel so disheartened

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoaaa . . . . hang on a minute!!

You completed your acrylic course in November? What, this year? Well flippin heck it's only December 11th!!

Give yourself a break:hug:

It doesn't matter that you take a while to produce beautiful well shaped lasting nails to be proud of. The nails are what people take away with them on the end of their fingers and what you will be judged by and will gain you recommendations so they absolutely must be as good as you can make them, however long that takes.

I think I was about 3 or 4 months before I started speeding up, and even then it was quite slow. Let your skill take priority, you will speed up naturally the more sets you do.

I take my hat off to you doing nail art as well and you've only just started out .... actually I don't think your time is too bad, all things considered. Don't beat yourself up about it.

what a heart full ,help full and inspiring reply, you will get there it is just practise, your nails are very nice , just concentrate and try not to look up while you are working(talking) and I always do my prep then size up and tip xxxx

Relax Whiterose, you,re being too rude to yourself.

I started doing nails in September, I work mobile (which means I don,t do nails everyday like I will be doing if I work on a salon), it takes me between 1.45 to 2 hours currently to do a full set of nails which includes, using tips, blending the tip, putting acrylic with glitter or 2 acrylic colour and last the designs, also I use hand file no e-file. But back on september this same procedure used to take me almost 3 hours even 4 hours! so relax, I see plenty of time those bored and tired faces on the client while I,m doing their nails, but I don,t rush myself, I prefer to take my time and do a work that guarantee me the client won,t be calling me a week after telling me "A nail fall out" or "I have lifting", clients right now call me 4 and 5 weeks after for a refill with no lifting after all that time :lol:

Relax, worried more to do an excellent job even if the client has that face of boring and tired, most clients are use to NSS service, so they think we should do their nails in 30 minutes, but try to explain that a good job deserve time investment.

PD: Also I find doing acrylic using tips instead of sculpt is more faster and easier, but for each his own.

Thank you !!
Can I please ask what NSS is?

It means non standard salon. Usually no appts, just walk in. They sometimes use efiles on the natural nail too. Sometimes I believe it's unclear what system the client gets.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes I managed to do these in 2 hours today! ! :):o:)

Thank u all so much for your tips xxxxx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1386883331466.jpg
    1386883331466.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 133
It takes me about 1 & 1/2 hours just to do gel polish, so don't worry too much. I started in August. Xx😍

Thank you so much :) :)

I find what takes me the longest is cuticle work + acrylic application + nail art.

But today I was determined, I prepared everything before, changed my order according to advice here, didn't chat a lot, kept checking time and tried to work fast :) it will take time but I will get better, would be happy with 1.30hr (inc nail art):rolleyes:

you are happy for today for 2hrs enjoy this moment the moment you knocked of a whole hour

when you get 1.30hr you can enjoy that moment

In order to carry a positive action we must develop here a positive vision.
Dalai Lama

You are right, thank you !! :D

Latest posts

Back