I got my MAC pro card!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolly6410

Reaction score
hey geeks

i finally got my MAC pro card so i can start buying my makeup kit :D sooo excited!

my question is... how do i know what discount i get, i applied for the makeup artist discount, but obviously they choose which they think you should get. No where in my letter with my card in does it say what i actually get, just that makeup artists get so much discount and other people get so much discount. do i have to phone and ask or is there some way of checking online?

Phone them. I figured mine out from my receipt from the mac shop. Hahaha

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

thank you for replying! so glad it's not just me!!! i thought i was missing something really obvious :lol: i think i'll phone them tomorrow, can't wait to start ordering :D

Does it say anything on the card??
Also does anyone no the postage cost? As I don't live near London the shops not an easy option for me :(

How long did it take to get your card?

Does it say anything on the card??
Also does anyone no the postage cost? As I don't live near London the shops not an easy option for me :(

How long did it take to get your card?

nothing on the card, just my name and membership number. I don't live near london either, such a pain! i've always hated the thought of living in london but it's becoming more appealing as i get older :lol:

not sure about postage costs yet but will let you know when i order. I sent my application off around mid august, got a phone call to say i had been accepted but needed to send off a signed terms and condition form and then a few days later someone rang me to arrange payment for the membership and then she told me it could take 4-8 weeks for my card to arrive, but it came today. didn't take aslong as i thought it would :D

How do I get a Mac pro card?

Hey,
If u have applied as a mua u will probably have that discount which is 35%. Postage is under £5 for a small box. :)

there should be a letter at the start of your membership number (i think it's a the start anyway , might be the end, too lazy to take out my card and check sorry, handbags downstairs) but there will be a capatil A for artist if it's full discount , i had S for student while i was in college

How do I get a Mac pro card?

hey deedee, you need to go onto M·A·C Pro | How to Apply and go to the bottom of the page and choose which country you are from :D print the form out and fill it in and send it back. good luck

Hey,
If u have applied as a mua u will probably have that discount which is 35%. Postage is under £5 for a small box. :)

thats not bad postage, i was expecting they'd wack a £15 postage charge on us :lol:

there should be a letter at the start of your membership number (i think it's a the start anyway , might be the end, too lazy to take out my card and check sorry, handbags downstairs) but there will be a capatil A for artist if it's full discount , i had S for student while i was in college

Mine says B??? :lol:

I think this is the BT discount which is 25%. I think they award this if your make up qualification is part of your nvq/other qual rather than a stand alone MUA qual xxx

I think this is the BT discount which is 25%. I think they award this if your make up qualification is part of your nvq/other qual rather than a stand alone MUA qual xxx

ahhh thank you. what a pain, suppose 25% is better than nothing :D x

how long does the card last? do you have to renew yearly?

I posted mine on tues just got it back as they want more 'proof' I sent qualification certificates price list etc! Xxx

I posted mine on tues just got it back as they want more 'proof' I sent qualification certificates price list etc! Xxx

Price lists and certificates are not enough for them, they need more proof that you are working in the industry which is why they ask for call sheets, published work etc. I applied in store and they accepted a business card, price list and certificate but I think that's because they know me.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

If your membership number starts with a B then you get 25% discount, If it starts with an A then you get 35% discount.

They are very fussy when you go to renew you membership alright, you do need published work WITH a name credit (no easy task) They're customer service is also appalling. I'm debating wither or no to renew this year to be honest, there formulas have changed and they're just not the brand they used to be , far too focused on consumers rather than artists . just my 2 cents really

hey deedee, you need to go onto M·A·C Pro | How to Apply and go to the bottom of the page and choose which country you are from :D print the form out and fill it in and send it back. good luck

thats not bad postage, i was expecting they'd wack a £15 postage charge on us :lol:

U fill in the form with proof of credentials and £25 as payment for joining fee

Actually I renewed my card last month and I had no problem with the staff in the pro store based in carnaby street
Maybe because I made friends with a few of the staff but I got my renewal sorted out there and then and received my card last week.

But they do want to see proof with renewal and £25 for the fee

Latest posts

Back