I have an Interview !!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morado

Reaction score
Hiya

before i asked on here i applied for NVQ1 hairdressing level 1 i did not think id get anywhere i just put an application in for Buxton college .only problem is I'm the last interview date available and I'm on holiday that week with no way of being able to get back !!!.iv been told i that the lecturer might be able to fit me in before for a interview. but its up to them and there away till the 16th so need to ring then to see if they can change my date.

but I'm a little uncertain if i should do level 1 as to be honest I'm 29 and i CAN do the things on that level!!,i know it will be good for me to step back in to hair, but its a year that will be covering very much old ground .Do you think they will look at this at my interview as obviously ill tell them my background and be honest that i think id be happier in level two but take there opinion on board if they think otherwise .

Also anyone know anything about buxton college??, as i have no idea what its like and did anyone get help towards fees.or know of a site that can give me more info on help for students with a low income and kids etc

xxxx

Hiya

before i asked on here i applied for NVQ1 hairdressing level 1 i did not think id get anywhere i just put an application in for Buxton college .only problem is I'm the last interview date available and I'm on holiday that week with no way of being able to get back !!!.iv been told i that the lecturer might be able to fit me in before for a interview. but its up to them and there away till the 16th so need to ring then to see if they can change my date.

but I'm a little uncertain if i should do level 1 as to be honest I'm 29 and i CAN do the things on that level!!,i know it will be good for me to step back in to hair, but its a year that will be covering very much old ground .Do you think they will look at this at my interview as obviously ill tell them my background and be honest that i think id be happier in level two but take there opinion on board if they think otherwise .

Also anyone know anything about buxton college??, as i have no idea what its like and did anyone get help towards fees.or know of a site that can give me more info on help for students with a low income and kids etc

xxxx
hi usually level 1 progresses straight to level 2 as level 1 is only a few units..i started level 2 in the september and went onto level 2 that christmas...thats how few level 1 units there are....most colleges do level 1 and 2 combined....wait until your interview then you will find out whats what for sure..and tell them what you can and cant do...xx
p.s i am 37 and just finished level 3..so age is nothing xxx

Hello, I am 36 and have just been accepted onto an NVQ level 2 hairdressing course at my local college. I initially thought, as I have no previous experience that I would have to apply for level 1. I rang the college for some info and they told me that as I was a mature student ie over 19 yrs, I should apply for level 2 as the level 1 is usually for school leavers, as they do key skills along with it, over 19's dont have to do this. I had to do skills tests and a few other things to make sure I was up to level 2. I would check with your college that you need to start from scratch, I would be very surprised. x

Latest posts

Back