I have finally secured an interview, well not one but two!! Advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellechopchop

Reaction score
Hi all, well not long ago I put on a post about feeling like giving up, I qualified nearly 2 years ago and so far have found it impossible to secure a job in a ladies salon due to either lack of experience or maybe even my age (i'm 29). Well I had so many positive replies from people on here I have stuck with looking for work as it is really want I want to do and have two interviews next week :D

One is in a chain salon in debenhams, quite far from where I live, about 25 miles maybe and being in town I would have to get the train everyday which doesnt bother me too much but the other is in my local town and would be a level 3 apprenticeship which is ideal for me as I still feel I have so much to learn and would hopefully take off the pressure I put on myself for not being perfect yet at what I do

So, my question is do I cancel the one in town as I really want to be on an apprenticeship ideally or go for both and just see, I really dont want to waste anyones time and with the one in town I would have to take a trade test in for t-section and c+b/d so feel it would be a bit cheeky taking their time up if i'm hoping to get the other one?

Advice please

Hi all, well not long ago I put on a post about feeling like giving up, I qualified nearly 2 years ago and so far have found it impossible to secure a job in a ladies salon due to either lack of experience or maybe even my age (i'm 29). Well I had so many positive replies from people on here I have stuck with looking for work as it is really want I want to do and have two interviews next week :D

One is in a chain salon in debenhams, quite far from where I live, about 25 miles maybe and being in town I would have to get the train everyday which doesnt bother me too much but the other is in my local town and would be a level 3 apprenticeship which is ideal for me as I still feel I have so much to learn and would hopefully take off the pressure I put on myself for not being perfect yet at what I do

So, my question is do I cancel the one in town as I really want to be on an apprenticeship ideally or go for both and just see, I really dont want to waste anyones time and with the one in town I would have to take a trade test in for t-section and c+b/d so feel it would be a bit cheeky taking their time up if i'm hoping to get the other one?

Advice please

Always keep your options open I don't want to sound harsh but both will be interviewing other people as well use both of these as learning experiences.
Good luck!

I feel you should attend both interviews.

Even though you really want the local job you should try for both as you need to hedge your bets.

You would kick yourself if you cancelled the town interview and failed to get the local one, as you may well have got the town job.

You say you have been trying for a job for a while and that you have had no joy, so grab every chance you get and attend all the interviews you are asked to, until you get a job you are happy with, even if you get offered a job you can still attend other interviews if you think another job may suit you better.

Always keep your options open I don't want to sound harsh but both will be interviewing other people as well use both of these as learning experiences.
Good luck!

Not harsh at all, I totally get what you are saying. Thanks

id do both and then decide and both your options are open and if one says no youve always got anouther chance with the other.. and you get to meet me the people etc ans then youll know exactly which you would prefer .. even if you really want the apprentice go for both because like i said you might not get it so at least youve still got another option open .. fingers crossed and good luck x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I'd definitely attend both! You never know if you will get a "yes" from both employers! Xx

Latest posts

Back