I have forgotten my purse

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simsy

Reaction score
Ahhhhh!! I'm in a bit of a pickle geeks! Just done a clients hair (extensions) it took me 3 hours and when I asked for payment she said "oops I have forgotten my purse". What do you all do in this situation? I felt like pulling her hair out I really think she's taking the mick! It's so awkward :(

I get worse! I have a lady every time I do her hair that backdates her cheque to the end of the month when she gets paid! EVERY time! I'm a sucker though, I'll never be a millionaire...
If it's a regular customer I wouldn't be too offended personally, unless you need the money at that exact time. I always offer now the chance to pay direct into my bank, most people have online banking now?

I get worse! I have a lady every time I do her hair that backdates her cheque to the end of the month when she gets paid! EVERY time! I'm a sucker though, I'll never be a millionaire...
If it's a regular customer I wouldn't be too offended personally, unless you need the money at that exact time. I always offer now the chance to pay direct into my bank, most people have online banking now?

Ah no what a nightmare!! Yeah I did suggest bank transfer lets just hope she pays! It's a lot of money aswell! Ahh

I only really have long term regulars now, I'm sure i

Sorry posted too soon! I'm sure if it was a new in sure if it was someone i didn't know I'd feel different...

'Oh that's ok, here, borrow my phone. Your husband, neighbour, friend can either grab your purse for you or could cover you.'

So much easier to say that's what it'd do. Thankfully I haven't had to deal with this situation. X

I'd contact her soon and ask when she's making the bank transfer just so you can confirm with your bank before close of business today or if it suits her better you can pop round for the cash on the way home

That's a tuffy! Yikes!!!

Maybe in the future, secure a deposit on a new client that would cover at least the hard costs (hair, supplies, etc) of the service upon booking the appointment. Then, in the very worst situation, your time was lost but not actual costs on your end.

I get them to do transfer or i ask them to leave something thats valuable until they come back with payment (just in case they dont!) x

I had someone do that and I could tell they was trying it on ... All of a sudden after suggesting I follow her home as needed the money that day her purse magically appeared ! X

Good feedback everyone, thanks for the suggestions. How do people think they can get away with it! Very crazy!

Good feedback everyone, thanks for the suggestions. How do people think they can get away with it! Very crazy!
Did she settle up with you after?

Nope :( still waiting. Texts seen as "read" aswell. Tried calling she didn't answer :(

Nope :( still waiting. Texts seen as "read" aswell. Tried calling she didn't answer :(
Aw never :/ do you know where she lives? That's so rude! Have you messaged her the comment cidrella said? That's the best one here I think, Keep your cool for tonight tho, she could be busy and read the text on the run (unlikely but possible) and hasn't had time to reply, maintain professionalism but be firm, that's so unfair, I've not come across people like this as of yet I'm really shocked tbh!

I have her address on consultation form but I just google mapped it and the street is all even numbers (she's number 7) ahh I have totally been conned! Thanks for the replies ladies. Lesson learned. I don't know how to avoid this in the future though [emoji22]

I would ring the police ?

I would send a message saying that if you don't receive payment by the end of tomorrow then you will be contacting the police.

I don't know if I would trust google. I'd personally go there to check.

Contact the police and see if she can be traced by phone number.

If I'd genuinely left my purse I certainly wouldn't leave someone waiting hours till I paid - she's having you on!!

The police won't trace the number as they can only request the details of the mobile number in a very severe case. I know as I had a weird stalker ring me a few times and they couldn't reveal the details due to data protection. The police man said to me basically you would have to be murdered before they would release any details

Latest posts

Back