I know - done to death, but can you please look at my prices?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redsadie

Reaction score
Hi guys :)

Some of you may know I have just completed day 3 of my Creative foundation course and naturally I have been thinking about pricing (for a very long time now, lol)

Anyways, I am in Gosport in Hampshire, there are a couple of nss salons in the road where I will be working but there are also 2 salons who say on their websites they use Creative. The nss I'm not worried about and out of the other two salons one has been there 10 years and one has literally just opened a month ago (can't download their pricelist but their giving a free pedicure with your 1st set of acrylics)

Ok, my prices

Forever French £35
Natural overlay with tips £30
Glitter tips £35
Maintenance rebalance £27
Maintenance rebalance (after 3 weeks) £30
Soak-off & tidy £15
Soak off with new set £11

Individual repairs £3.50
Mini Manicure £12
Mini Pedicure £12
Deluxe Manicure £18
Deluxe Pedicure £18
File & Polish £6

My prices are higher than the nss who are charging £25, they are slightly higher than the salon who has been going years (don't know about the new salon) and there is a spa a mile away from the salon where I work who is dearer by about £5.

Do you think these prices are ok? I know I'm new, but I have to think that if customers don't come, I have room for manoeuvre and also I think they reflect the quality of materials, training I've taken and the fact that I won't give them rings of fire or drill their nail plate to nothing!

I don't want to charge introductory offers because I'm new and will be salon based too, if that helps :)

Thanks ever so much for any feedback

Sarah. xx

Forever French £35
Glitter tips £35
Maintenance rebalance £27 - is this French rebalance? If it is a rebalance on the £30 then maybe your customers might be a mit confused - for only £3 more they can have a new set. IMO this is a bit high, but see what others think.
Soak-off & tidy £15
Soak off with new set £11 is this plus the £ of a new set - it is not clear

Individual repairs £3.50 - is this different for French
Mini Manicure £12
Mini Pedicure £12
Deluxe Manicure £18
Deluxe Pedicure £18
File & Polish £6

Forever French £35
Glitter tips £35
Maintenance rebalance £27 - is this French rebalance? I put that price for both If it is a rebalance on the £30 then maybe your customers might be a mit confused - for only £3 more they can have a new set I see what you mean :). IMO this is a bit high, but see what others think.
Soak-off & tidy £15
Soak off with new set £11 is this plus the £ of a new set - it is not clear It is, I did think that, I'll amend it

Individual repairs £3.50 - is this different for French No, same for french, glitter and nn
Mini Manicure £12
Mini Pedicure £12
Deluxe Manicure £18
Deluxe Pedicure £18
File & Polish £6

Do you think I should have different repair prices then?

Thanks for replying hun :), sometimes you need outside vision! xx

babe have a looksie at my website / prices - they may help you

having said that thinking about what fiona mentions regarding your rebalance price being high as apposed to the price of a new set - remember they couldnt have the new set without the price of a soak off too so new sets are't cheaper than rebalance ... unless they are helped off of course

have a looksie anyway mayhelp you guide wise between my services - happy to chat when i pop over later if you need to

kx

Do you think I should have different repair prices then?

Thanks for replying hun :), sometimes you need outside vision! xx

ps

is there someone already doing nails at your salon ? wouldnt you guys have to have the same price structure so as not to confuse clients ? unless of course you are thinking a little cheaper on your prices as you are just starting out ? if thats the case then couldnt you say take a percentage or an amount off all prices currently listed for consistency and ease ?

kx

Thanks Karren :) that's the thing, there is a girl doing nails here already and she only charges £25 for a full set. I told her mum (the owner of the salon) that she was far too cheap, but she just said that she can't charge more because of the other salons in the road. I disagree and feel you should charge according to the products you use and training you have. Two of the salons are nss
And I'm damn sure they don't use Creative or been through fantastic training that costs a lot of money! Thinking of staying here for waxing n tanning but going mobile with my nails, that way I can charge what I feel I'm worth without making two price structures within the same salon. Also the other girl has been doing it longer than me, so a part of me thinks I should either be charging less than her, or training prices, which I don't want to do.

Am I cutting my nose off to spite my face?

Love ya xx
Posted via Mobile Device

I think you have to look at the area you work in firstly.....for example Central London can charge a heck of a lot compared to small towns.
Check out the local competitions quality, experience and pricing.
And lastly bear in mind there's a recession atm.
At the end of the day I think pricing is a very individual thing hun x

Yes hun, you are right, there is a lot of difference between what people will pay and can afford to pay. Thanks, xx
Posted via Mobile Device

IMO everyting generally seems fine. I would agree about the rebalance price being slightly too high if I had to be picky. I dont charge for removal if having a newset though.

IMO everyting generally seems fine. I would agree about the rebalance price being slightly too high if I had to be picky. I dont charge for removal if having a newset though.

Hiya, I have changed my natural rebalance price to £24, it does make sense, :green:!

Alibarr, why don't you charge for removal when having a new set? This takes time in itself (at least 1/2 an hour I'd say, depending on the customer?) and then you have to renew the set too, which is usually hour and a half?

Charge for your time and your product you're using. Would a dentist give you a tooth removal free if he was charging for putting a new one in for you :)?

xx

Latest posts

Back