I might be being thick but

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KaylieNails

Reaction score
Basically a salon has opened called young nails near me, I was just caught in thinking that wasn't aloud like if I was to call my salon NSI nails, Because I'm not them ? Just a general question really. And if not why am I thinking this is there some rules etc similar ? X
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek mobile app

Basically a salon has opened called young nails near me, I was just caught in thinking that wasn't aloud like if I was to call my salon NSI nails, Because I'm not them ? Just a general question really. And if not why am I thinking this is there some rules etc similar ? X

It might be the persons name maybe? For example Mr and Mrs Young want to open up a Nail Salon and aren't very adventurous with choosing names and thought "Let's call our salon Young Nails!" Xx

It might be the persons name maybe? For example Mr and Mrs Young want to open up a Nail Salon and aren't very adventurous with choosing names and thought "Let's call our salon Young Nails!" Xx

Oh haha I see. But this Doesent mean they are the nail comp young nails does it ? Xx

If they were using the same fonts and logos and trying to pass them selves off as someone they are not, it would be actionable, but the word young and nails are not copyright to anyone. Even the word "creative" is not copyright and many take advantage of that in their marketing etc. Hence why now they are called CND.

Oh haha I see. But this Doesent mean they are the nail comp young nails does it ? Xx

No it doesn't and as Gigi has said, unless they're using the Young Nails font/logo (which is copyrighted) they're not doing anything wrong. Xx

to be honest it would not give them any advantage in customers as the general public are not likely to know the meaning behind it it only people in the industry that would put the two together

Oh yeah ! So yeah I was being thick lol and yeah that's true about the public probably not knowing the significance of the name anyway. Yeah I see how it would be hard to copyright a word or two lol so it's only if they gave the same logo aswell ? X

Latest posts

Back