I need comfy shoes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Faylizzie

Reaction score
I've been through 6 pairs if shoes in a year, I can't find any comfy/smart shoes to wear for work.

What shoes do you wear? I used to wear dolly shoes but I'm so flat footed (I have no arch what so ever) that they really start to hurt my feet after a couple of hours :( an also they get a bit pongy after a couple of months of wear too lol!

I've spent an absolute fortune on shoes & authotics (sp?) but just can't get any that I find comfy. Anyone got any recommendations?

I'm looking for closed toe as I'm forever dropping things on my feet an need the protection.

I was debating getting some smart ish trainers as I find trainers have the support I need but think this may look unprofessional? What do you think?? Xxxx

I get my shoes at Clarks. I have tried other stores but whenever I try a pair of Clarks on, it's as if my feet feel at home. I find they last for ages and I can wear them all day.
But they are not for everyone. Reiker are also really comfy, but usually look a bit old fashioned.

Have you tried clarks?
I know i know! its where I buy the kids school shoes so I'm always in there
They have not so grannyfied shoes these days,

Iv got really bad arches and waiting for an op on my foot and killed my feet in heels for years but I'm considering trying clarks next,

I got a pair of black Adidas sued trained not so long ago and these are super comfy!

Thanks for the reply :D I've tried a couple of Clarkes shoes but found they rubbed really badly on the top of my feet :/
I haven't heard of the other one you said ill google an have a look now, I'm not fussed on fashion lol I just need comfort now haha! Would love to be able to work in my slippers! Xxxxx

Jones
Kurt Geiger

Do you wear a half sock with your shoes?

I got a pair of black Adidas sued trained not so long ago and these are super comfy!

Ohh this is the type of thing I think I could do with, are they smart/professional looking/ could I get away with them for work?

Where did u get them from?

Ohh an op that sounds painful :s at least it will be a good excuse to put your feet up 😜 xxxx

Added; hehe think we're writing at the sane time lol! I wear my authotics with pop socks but find they get a bit stinky lol xxxxx

Fit flops!!

I've heard quite a lot about these fit flops but have no idea what they are lol, are they like flip flops? Xxxxx

Have a look on Zalando, it's looks like they have something for everyone there x

Have a look on Zalando, it's looks like they have something for everyone there x

Ahh fab ill have a look now :) thank you xxx

Ohh this is the type of thing I think I could do with, are they smart/professional looking/ could I get away with them for work?

Where did u get them from?

Ohh an op that sounds painful :s at least it will be a good excuse to put your feet up 😜 xxxx

Added; hehe think we're writing at the sane time lol! I wear my authotics with pop socks but find they get a bit stinky lol xxxxx

Wishful thinking with 3 wee ones lol

Emm yes and no to wearing for work they are completely black so no white sole or coloured stripes but It would depend what kind if trousers you wear,
I got them from sports direct or discount sports shops il try google and find out which one, the shop that has all the random bits

Look on kurt Geiger website I swear by their shoes and jones normally have a good sale too!

Ahh fab ill have a look now :) thank you xxx

They have some rubber soled clogs there, could be something for you? I'm sure they would be comfy x

A lot of my colleagues wear Birkenstock's, a bit pricey but worth it. I SWEAR by Sketchers! i have two pairs that i change. their light weight, comfortable and inexpensive.

A lot of my colleagues wear Birkenstock's, a bit pricey but worth it. I SWEAR by Sketchers! i have two pairs that i change. their light weight, comfortable and inexpensive.

Jen you beat me to it! I was going to suggest sketchers too. I bought a pair a few months ago and I couldn't get over how comfortable they were xx

Fit flops!!

I was itching to correct you - but now I have to Google these fit flops and find out what they are! X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Fit flops for me. We wear lovely black ones as prt of our uniform and they look great and toes are on show. I find they really helpp my back. There's a really good website called Cloggs - cheapest place i've found them x

Fit flops for me. We wear lovely black ones as prt of our uniform and they look great and toes are on show. I find they really helpp my back. There's a really good website called Cloggs - cheapest place i've found them x

Just checked out cloggs.co.uk - thanks for the heads up - fit flops are my most comfortable shoes x

Seeing, capturing, creating & presenting beauty

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Instead of wearing pop socks try the socks that just cover your feet where the shoe is going to be. Can't remember what they're called but they are smaller than trainer socks.

I used to wear pop socks with my orthotics and it made them smell too!

Try TrimSoles for a much cheaper version of FitFlops, they're just as comfy and a fraction of the price. They have mule type things which are really good in the salon.

Instead of wearing pop socks try the socks that just cover your feet where the shoe is going to be. Can't remember what they're called but they are smaller than trainer socks.

I used to wear pop socks with my orthotics and it made them smell too!

These are the ones I'm on about no idea what their called

Latest posts

Back