I need help with embedding nail art with gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nail-lady

Reaction score
:irked: Hi geeks,

think it may be a bit late for replys but here goes....

I have not yet done any encased nail art with rhinestones,bullion,beads etc. I have read all of the threads but most geeks talk about glitter, which i will also try. But i have real flowers and diamontes which i want to use. :)I am worried that once you have your desired pattern and have geled over the top, that you will destroy all your work underneath, as surely when filing to the desired shape it will take the top off your encased flower etc??
p.s I use lightbox 1 step gel, however over encased nail art i would use a uv sealer in addition.
sorry for rambling, just want to clear this up before i wreck my own!!!:lol:

I love his site, I have learnt so much for you all, many thanks.

mart:hug:

Hiya ..I use gel and encase things like glitter, gems ect...

For glitter i put clear gel where i want the glitter...dont cure....use a spare brush and dab the glitter on the gel...cure...then i cap the glitter with another layer of clear gel....cure....then i wipe and buff to shape....then remove dust and clean....apply gloss gel and cure. done x

Hi bagpuss:)

Many thanks, i will try this and let you no how i get on. If i can i may even download a photo:!::idea:

:hug:

mart

I recently encased mosaic shell in gel, all I did was my base coat of gel and let cure, painted to tips of nails with black gel polish and cured, then whilst it was still tacky I mosaiced the shell and dabbed a little clear around the shell to slightly encase it, let it cure. Then I did my top layer and cured, making sure to cap the free edge and side walls. Cured again wiped off tacky layer, filed, and top coated with intense seal, cured again.

I do the same as bagpuss. When applying rhinestones I place them in the finishing gloss then cure. To encase I use the flat glitter discs.
I kept playing with my own nails until I found an application that suited me. Personally I end up wasting too much gel and make a mess if I mix glitter and gel together then apply, but many other geeks do it with success!

Latest posts

Back