I need help with my application please.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1nails

Reaction score
I've just qualified level 3 nail services and even though I can do a set in the recommeded time, I feel i have a lot of filing to get the right shape.

I seem to put the smile on to thick at the sides (ears). I think I do this thinking if it is to thin the structure wont be strong. Because it is wide at the ears my zone 2 is wide coming up to meet it and I then have a lot of filing to do near the side walls to bring the whole structure in at zone 2.

Anybody else have this problem and how did you get over it.

Would a one to one help me with this?

I also prefer to do sculptured but feel it is not cutting down on my time because of the filing problem.

Thanks.

Have a read through the tutorials on here, click on Navigation, then Tutorials, there are loads of them to help you.

hth's

I've just qualified level 3 nail services and even though I can do a set in the recommeded time, I feel i have a lot of filing to get the right shape.

I seem to put the smile on to thick at the sides (ears). I think I do this thinking if it is to thin the structure wont be strong. Because it is wide at the ears my zone 2 is wide coming up to meet it and I then have a lot of filing to do near the side walls to bring the whole structure in at zone 2.

Anybody else have this problem and how did you get over it.

Would a one to one help me with this?

I also prefer to do sculptured but feel it is not cutting down on my time because of the filing problem.

Thanks.

Yes ... buy a copy of 'nailclass' !! This is a book about the techniques for doing perfect gorgeous nails with your brush NOT your file.

You can buy on line from mundo or from Sweet Squared Ltd. 08452106060 The price is very reasonable and so is postage.
Do a search on nailclass (all one word) here on the site and see what hundreds of nail technicians say about howit has helped them. Work with the book and youwon't believe the nails you will be able to do.

buying it very soon as I got S2 catalogue :)

I just know I'll learn a lot from it.

Yes ... buy a copy of 'nailclass' !! This is a book about the techniques for doing perfect gorgeous nails with your brush NOT your file.

You can buy on line from mundo or from Sweet Squared Ltd. 08452106060 The price is very reasonable and so is postage.
Do a search on nailclass (all one word) here on the site and see what hundreds of nail technicians say about howit has helped them. Work with the book and youwon't believe the nails you will be able to do.

Hi Geeg

I have this book and read through the application section last night. I have also been watching one of the dvd's on application from NSI. We use their products.

The book and the dvd really helped. I did a set this morning, concentrating on getting the sidewall application thinner than the middle section and also pressing and pulling the product up to meet zone 1. It really helped and the overall shape before filing was much better.

It really does help to refresh things.

I'm also thinking of a 1 day course on sculpting to help even more. I love doing nails and don't want it to be a thing I get stressed about because I know I can do better.

Thank you.

Hi Geeg

I have this book and read through the application section last night. I have also been watching one of the dvd's on application from NSI. We use their products.

The book and the dvd really helped. I did a set this morning, concentrating on getting the sidewall application thinner than the middle section and also pressing and pulling the product up to meet zone 1. It really helped and the overall shape before filing was much better.

It really does help to refresh things.

I'm also thinking of a 1 day course on sculpting to help even more. I love doing nails and don't want it to be a thing I get stressed about because I know I can do better.

Thank you.

So glad it helped you.

The product you use really isn't the issue. The techniques described in 'nailclass' are for making beautiful nails with the correct structure for long lasting wear-ability. These techniques work for any L&P system as the principles for beauty and structure are the same no matter what.

Latest posts

Back