I need help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

min11

Reaction score
Ok, its taken me ages to pluck up the courage so here goes. As some of you might remember from when I was posting more actively, I started my training with EZ Flow in Norway. Had childcare issues and endless hiccups and eventually switched my course to a modular basis. This means I have done Acrylic (tips and sculpts), silk and fiberglass, Spa Manicure and Spa pedicure and I have my certificates for all 4 of them plus the nail art mudule. What I have yet to do though is sit the final big theory and practical exam which gets me my big diploma certificate to cover all of them and would enable me to work in Norway. I have no idea how that relates to EZFlow courses here. Mine was essentially full time for 6 weeks in class or modular as I had to switch to. I was isolated in Norway so no one to practice on and even when I did have someone they wanted manicures. I kept practicing though on the trainer hand and those little plastic fingers, consistency sheets, you name it I practiced on it. Then last year we moved back to the UK after I had a meltdown late summer. It means that for a good while, until my kit surfaced from the shipping company, I didn't go near my practicing.

So, I'm now trying to practice, struggled a bit but am working on it. I have a few offers from people to be 'victims' for me but I cant get the confidence to do it. They are all lovely and said if I want to do one hand for hours and then the other the next day thats great, being so nice and encouraging. I have an open ended offer from my Norwegian school to go in for classroom time but obviously at the moment its out of the question to go over, when I can I will though. In the meantime I dont know what to do. I cant afford to pay to train all over again and I dont feel I need to but I'm not sure I'm good enough now to try for some one on one training for a few days. I just need help to see what I am doing right and whats not.

I'm not really sure whats happened, I had a really bad few months and I'm itching to get on now, can anyone advise me what to do? Can I opt for some one on one help do you think? And if I can, how much would that be? I want to refresh on acrylic, and silk/fiberglass. Fresh from that I know I'll feel more confident. Its easy to sit at the practice hand but if I have picked up some bad habits it wont tell me and I guess thats what I feel I need :lol:

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks everyone :hug:

I'm not really sure whats happened, I had a really bad few months and I'm itching to get on now, can anyone advise me what to do? Can I opt for some one on one help do you think? And if I can, how much would that be? I want to refresh on acrylic, and silk/fiberglass. Fresh from that I know I'll feel more confident. Its easy to sit at the practice hand but if I have picked up some bad habits it wont tell me and I guess thats what I feel I need :lol:
Get in touch with the EZFlow distributors in the UK, I believe it's Graftons, they will be able to give the best advice on how to do a refresher course or a skillbuilding day perhaps.

hth's

i was thinking the same thing kinda see what distrubitors have trainings even if its not ez flow its your technique your working on and they can help if someone is willing to let u practise then take them up on the offer even if they cant tell u whats right or wrong it will be able to give a feel for what u are doing nailzoo has some wonderful how to videos on his website take a gander at those there is so much stuff on the internet use whats out there

good luck give yourself a chance :hug:

Thanks Sandi, I'll try that.

Becca Boo, I have watched loads of things on here and tutorials and I think thats whats thrown me. Some of them are a little different from what I leanred. I'm afraid that if I change how I was taught then I might not pass the practical exam when I take it which I will have to go back to Norway and do. I guess I feel like the way I do things has drifted slightly.

Thank you for your help ladies :hug:

oh sweetie... i teach everything well almost hair nails estetics when my students are doing there practicals i dont care how there technique is as long as what they do is in the correct steps (prep, products, file etc..) i encourage my students to play find there own way from what i teach so there comfortable.... right now im teaching nails i have this student shes 45 amazing brilliant she corrects me all the time in the technical terms anyways when she files she holds her file like its a bow to a voilin the only thing is by doing this she covers more than half of the file and makes it harder on herself she tweeks her wrist and has to watch not to hit her fingers now she still holds it like a bow (which makes me laugh every time) and has learned to adapt and now uses the whole file and doesnt tweek her wrist so much would i mark her down for it never as long as she understands her grits what shes doing and why then i have done my job school is your basis's its not a set black and white way of doing anything that we do

dont be so hard on yourself u make it worse than it really is as teachers we understand its not going to be perfect first there is no perfect and your still learning and have the journey ahead of u dont get be your worst enemy:hug:

Latest posts

Back