I need to get a grip

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences and giving me great advice. I'm sorry so many of you are going through the same situation or have:(. I've calmed down but still can't relax and feel very sick, i don't know what to say to my boyfriend he will be so angry that I didn't go in to work he's so supportive but I've let him down. And I can't bring myself to tell my mum I didn't go in as she's helping me with money at the moment. I have just let everyone down and i wish I snapped out of it and just went in. Sorry keep ranting .
I'm so glad we have a forum like this where there's amazing support for all personal and business situations. Thank you x x

Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences and giving me great advice. I'm sorry so many of you are going through the same situation or have:(. I've calmed down but still can't relax and feel very sick, i don't know what to say to my boyfriend he will be so angry that I didn't go in to work he's so supportive but I've let him down. And I can't bring myself to tell my mum I didn't go in as she's helping me with money at the moment. I have just let everyone down and i wish I snapped out of it and just went in. Sorry keep ranting .
I'm so glad we have a forum like this where there's amazing support for all personal and business situations. Thank you x x

Can i advise strong camomile tea. It works along with bach rescue remedy.

Even talking to yourself about random stuff.

When i had a panic attack while driving three/four weeks ago i felt awful. Then i discovered that talking to myself worked. I went through all the cars that i had and their specifications. By the time i got to my destination i was okay! :D

Im on a beta blocker but really wanting valium for social situations as its the only thing i am avoiding right now

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you panaromic! I'll make sure I get camomile I bought some kalms today and need to up medication but I'll try talking to myself thank u for your advice. I'm sorry your suffering from panic attacks, big hugs xx

Thank you panaromic! I'll make sure I get camomile I bought some kalms today and need to up medication but I'll try talking to myself thank u for your advice. I'm sorry your suffering from panic attacks, big hugs xx

It does work instantly but the more you drink it the better as camomile stays in your system.

Best to leave the teabag in for as long as posible or leave it in and drink it :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

When you're feeling a bit calmer, have a look into Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. It has helped a lot of people to kick their panic attacks into touch - me included!

Try and find a recommended therapist and give it a go. You've got nothing else to lose and everything to gain.

Don't be hard on yourself. You're not alone in having this feeling of powerlessness. But it can be changed.

Take care. x

Thank you all so much you have really helped me, I will be buying camomile and looking in to cognitive therapy. I've had therapy for years so think it's time for a different technique and approach I will look in to it thank you xx

I have had anxiety for about 3 years now on and off.. Anxiety stems from something your fearful of! Mine is a phobia of vomiting.. I used to work in retail in a prestigious department store and one day I felt really nauseous.. I panicked and thought I was going to be sick in front of everyone!
Que a full blown panic attack! This went on for a year on and off. I thought it was just be being a freak.. Until I decided to go to the doctors who gave me medication for when it flares up.

I had some therapy earlier this year and she was amazing, I highly recommend you see your GP and ask for cognitive therapy.. It makes you really realise that it's ok to be scared sometimes but life is scary, things happen that are totally out of your control, it's just about how you deal with it!

Anxiety shuts your digestive system down so that is why you need the toilet, feel sick and shaky! Also your body goes into fight or flight mode when there is no need to.. So your body is full of adrenalin with nothing to do with it.

I will always suffer with anxiety but I forbid it to rule me life, it was bloody hard at times I didn't want to leave the house, I was dreading seeing clients, didn't want to speak to anybody.. But now I feel so much better and I'm taking no medication at all!
Sorry for the long post but it annoys me how it's seen sometimes as a taboo subject when it really is serious and there should be more support xxxxx

Oh my god me too, I am beyond the point of terrified about getting sick, i know its a natural thing that smetines has to happen but I am so scared! This really brought in my anxiety & ocd especially in winter when everyone has the bug I literally touch nothing with my hands & if someone in my house has it I actually cry & panick so much. Did you find the CBT helped this alot? I was recommended it for a different anxiety reason but maybe it could kill two birds with one stone? Is it expensive?

Oh my god me too, I am beyond the point of terrified about getting sick, i know its a natural thing that smetines has to happen but I am so scared! This really brought in my anxiety & ocd especially in winter when everyone has the bug I literally touch nothing with my hands & if someone in my house has it I actually cry & panick so much. Did you find the CBT helped this alot? I was recommended it for a different anxiety reason but maybe it could kill two birds with one stone? Is it expensive?

I'm the same too, I'm absolutely terrified and can't be around anyone who has been ill either, whether it's from a bug or from being drunk. I won't go to to a club as I'm terrified of being around drunk people just in case. If I know someone is ill from a bug I will be in such a state of panic for days afterwards until I'm sure no one else has caught it. When we lived in London I couldn't travel on the tube without panicking as someone I knew told me they'd been on the train and someone was ill and it scared me so much. I had started counselling but had to stop when we moved earlier this year but know I really need to continue with it soon.

I have also suffered with anxiety to the point I was going to the toilet 6-8 times a day and lost some weight. It's getting better now but still have the day where I'm so anxious I have to run to the toilet within 10seconds. I'm like you though I feel annoyed at myself for letting it take over my life. Sometimes when I'm in situations I over think things and it makes it worse which then makes me question and question and question over and over again, I find thinking of a place/situation where I'm most relaxed helps or listening to music and singing along helps too xxx

I have also suffered with anxiety to the point I was going to the toilet 6-8 times a day and lost some weight. It's getting better now but still have the day where I'm so anxious I have to run to the toilet within 10seconds. I'm like you though I feel annoyed at myself for letting it take over my life. Sometimes when I'm in situations I over think things and it makes it worse which then makes me question and question and question over and over again, I find thinking of a place/situation where I'm most relaxed helps or listening to music and singing along helps too xxx

Never spoken to anyone who has the same anxiety symptoms as me before! It's so extreme and until I realised it was anxiety the docs had diagnosed IBS. I'm not as bad these days, counselling has helped with the general anxiety but I still get bad if it's relating to my phobia and when it happens I can loose so much weight so quickly from going to the loo so much.

Never spoken to anyone who has the same anxiety symptoms as me before! It's so extreme and until I realised it was anxiety the docs had diagnosed IBS. I'm not as bad these days, counselling has helped with the general anxiety but I still get bad if it's relating to my phobia and when it happens I can loose so much weight so quickly from going to the loo so much.

I haven't either!! The dr said to me it's Ibs but caused by anxiety and stress. He said when I get anxious my bowel doesn't know what (something to do with the messages going from my head to my bowel telling it what to do) so it just releases everything hence the 6-8 times a day. It's all started with a train trip with work but I think other things actually triggered it. Do you have tablets for your stomach?xx

No not anymore, I used to take something I think they were antispasmodics but they never helped. It's crazy how thoughts and feelings can affect the stomach so extremely. It's been explained to me that it's the adrenalin from the anxiety that can speed up the digestive system which makes sense.

No not anymore, I used to take something I think they were antispasmodics but they never helped. It's crazy how thoughts and feelings can affect the stomach so extremely. It's been explained to me that it's the adrenalin from the anxiety that can speed up the digestive system which makes sense.

Yeah that makes sense! I have the tablets that you used to have, I find they work but only if I take them quite regularly. To be fair I've not taken any for a few weeks an my stomach seems to be a lot better, even to the point that I was in a situation today that I would normally feel anxious with stomach pains and I didn't feel anything whatsoever, there is a light at the end of the tunnel! How long have you had it for?xx

Can't pinpoint when it started, but it's got really bad about 4 years ago, I lost almost 10kg in a few months, and I'm pretty small to start with! Over the last couple years I had to travel sometimes for work and was ill every time I stayed overnight in a hotel and it was only after a few trips I started to notice the pattern and realise it couldn't be a stomach bug every time.

When I spoke to my dad about it after I started counselling this year before my wedding he said reckoned I was always anxious even as a baby (that baffled me a bit!). Makes me think that I will prob need more than just counselling if it's so ingrained in me.

Yeah that makes sense! I have the tablets that you used to have, I find they work but only if I take them quite regularly. To be fair I've not taken any for a few weeks an my stomach seems to be a lot better, even to the point that I was in a situation today that I would normally feel anxious with stomach pains and I didn't feel anything whatsoever, there is a light at the end of the tunnel! How long have you had it for?xx

How long have you suffered with it? X

Can't pinpoint when it started, but it's got really bad about 4 years ago, I lost almost 10kg in a few months, and I'm pretty small to start with! Over the last couple years I had to travel sometimes for work and was ill every time I stayed overnight in a hotel and it was only after a few trips I started to notice the pattern and realise it couldn't be a stomach bug every time.

When I spoke to my dad about it after I started counselling this year before my wedding he said reckoned I was always anxious even as a baby (that baffled me a bit!). Makes me think that I will prob need more than just counselling if it's so ingrained in me.

Sounds just like me, I don't travel a lot but when I do I have to psych myself up for it, I find I'm ill on the way to somewhere almost like the unknown! It's funny because 2 Years ish ago I was the most laid back person you would ever meet and over night it changed, I don't get stressed or anxious over big things its more the little things that push me! I've started a reflective diary, it's basically a table on excel I complete that has the heading of 'situation, what I expected to happen, what actually happened, differences, lessons learnt and my actions for next time' it's really helped to be fair!!xx

Sounds just like me, I don't travel a lot but when I do I have to psych myself up for it, I find I'm ill on the way to somewhere almost like the unknown! It's funny because 2 Years ish ago I was the most laid back person you would ever meet and over night it changed, I don't get stressed or anxious over big things its more the little things that push me! I've started a reflective diary, it's basically a table on excel I complete that has the heading of 'situation, what I expected to happen, what actually happened, differences, lessons learnt and my actions for next time' it's really helped to be fair!!xx

It's really good you've found something that helps xxx

I'm the same too, I'm absolutely terrified and can't be around anyone who has been ill either, whether it's from a bug or from being drunk. I won't go to to a club as I'm terrified of being around drunk people just in case. If I know someone is ill from a bug I will be in such a state of panic for days afterwards until I'm sure no one else has caught it. When we lived in London I couldn't travel on the tube without panicking as someone I knew told me they'd been on the train and someone was ill and it scared me so much. I had started counselling but had to stop when we moved earlier this year but know I really need to continue with it soon.

Thank God im not the only one that scared! Its taking over so much that im afraid of eating chicken & ham incase of getting sick from food poisoning so never eat out! And i love chicken & ham :( oh no way I could never get the tube I would panick, I disinfect my phone everytime I get in the house & wash my hands 3 times, its ridiculous x

Girls I have been told I have ibs too but I think its more so anxiety too aswell as acid reflux & hiatal hernia. Buscopan are miracle tablets for the cramps I really would recommend ye to try them :)

Thank God im not the only one that scared! Its taking over so much that im afraid of eating chicken & ham incase of getting sick from food poisoning so never eat out! And i love chicken & ham :( oh no way I could never get the tube I would panick, I disinfect my phone everytime I get in the house & wash my hands 3 times, its ridiculous x

I know I love chicken but can't cook it for people as it scares me and had to have beef at my wedding as it felt safer... Lol I'm ridiculous too xx

Latest posts

Back