I really need help!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thenailangel01

Reaction score
i am a fully trained gel tech and im currently getting back into it after a break so ive booked a refresher course and im going to college to get my nvq as i only did EN and NSI and i want my NVQ behind me,

anyway i want to set up mobile again and im really good at advertising and getting the bussiness off the ground, but i fall really bad when i have to go to my appointments, i clam up and panic, alsorts goes through my head, will i be good enough, what if they start kicking off, what if i feel threatened, beleive it or not i used to be quite firey and could handle myself when i was younger but now im 31 i see things differently,

i really want to make a go of this and eventually have my own salon or bar, the thing is tho my nails are good salon quality and there isnt anyone in my area that doesnt use white tips (HATE HATE HATE THESE) only because the techs in my area dont really care, i went to someone that was highly recomended and what a load of rubbish, the smile line was three quaters the way up my plate and i cant beleive people pay for these,

anyway please please help me, i need to be confident again and see the positives not the negatives.

any advice welcome.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have always believed that if you think an experience will be a negative one ... then it will be. If you look for faults, you will find them.

Now you seem quite positive about the things you know you are good at, so why not positive about your nails and that people will like your work?

To me your biggest problem is your negative attitude to the experiences you are expecting to have with clients, and the only way to change your outlook to a positive one is to learn how to deal with the issues that are frightening you.... anticipate what you think might happen or that people might say, and have your responses already in your mind so that you are ready for it and not caught off guard.

Think up some typical client objections and write them down ... then write down your response and that will work for you.

"My nails are liffting ................
Have you been following all the aftercare advice I gave to to you? Using your Solar Oil every day and protecting your nails when doing house hold chores? Please come in as soon as you can so that I can see what is happening.if they are not prepared to come and show you then you cannot do anything for free or give a refund. You have to be able to inspect and assess before you can do anything.

"4 of my nails pinged off (came off, flew off, fell off, got lost etc.) .....
Same answer as above.

If you give your clients good aftercare advice and tell them what they need to know, then you have allot of ammunition with which to challenge them. Most client problems come down to lack of care. Easy.

Think of some others and do the same ... it really does arm you with a variety of answers that are right there in your head.

You may find the following article I published useful.

http://www.salongeek.com/business/51249-show-you-confident-yourself-your-work-some-tricks.html

Latest posts

Back