I really want to be blonde :( plz help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xx_lydia_xx

Reaction score
i have ginger and a bit blonde hair, but i really want to be really really light blonde i'v been to tony & guy salon and sassoon salon in liverpool and spent loadss of money there but they only made my hair a lighter gingery blonde colour
so i started dying my hair at home and it was better coz my hair went lighter
but i was wondering if i should use a ash toner to get rid of gold tones in my hair and what are the best light blonde dyes or bleaches.

why is it so hard to go blonde if your ginger :( is it coz ginger has natural red in it????

Hi Lydia,

I'm not a hair pro, but have lots of bad hair experiences lol I think your best bet (and this is prob what the hair pro's will say) but go to a salon, maybe expain that you want really light blonde (take it with no red tones??) with no warmth more of an ash blonde. Or perhaps take a pic from a hair mag?
I always had an ash blonde as well as a toner, and used silver touch shampoo (bargain at only £2.00! and gets rid of any slight brassy tones)
hth xx

id go to another salon and try again . you may not be able to do it yourself as the strength of the product used may need to be done of the scalp (in foils) did you have an all over colour or foils? , do you know if they used bleach?

If you are light enough you have to tone your hair. BUT at a salon you do this at home you may end up with green or mauve color on the lighter hair that has hardly and gold. I would also do it as soon as possible before regrowth starts(much easier for the stylist) When I do this I do it on wet hair and conditioner and it is on and off very fast. And when you want to go darker it is very hard for the color to hold or take and natural looking color. If you have any type of red/gold in your hair it is difficult to get it out. Also when you tone you may have to keep toning every couple weeks.

Latest posts

Back