I received my Secrets Gel kit, now it's play time

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soniamarie

Reaction score
I received my kit yesterday and had a play around last night with it, so far I am quiet impressed, the colour gel is very pigmented and only needed one coat, the white is to white for me and I had to mix it with some clear gel as I like a very natural look for work, I done sculpts last night and they seem very strong. I normally use Calgel but fancied trying these, also like the sound of the Brisa lite but really cant afford to invest in the lamp at the moment. also the NSI is led cured which is an advantage as my Cuccio Veneers are led cured so saves me having to have 2 lamps.

What do others think to this gel, has anyone tried to soak off using foils?, I know they say soak in a bowl but just wondered, any damage to natural nail?, lifting? etc, I know some of this would be down to prep and techs work but would like to hear what others think about it.

Hi, I've got this on at the moment. Just over natural nails. Had them on 2 weeks. Two have just started to lift at the free edge. I love the feel of them, they have stayed very shiny. I must say I'm a hairdresser so hands are in water continually and don't wear gloves at home :|. I have given them some bashing on purpose and I would say for me these have lasted the longest and stayed the glossiest for gel polish on my hands. I tend to trial new nail products for my daughter who is a nail tech...if they last on me then they pass.:)

Hi I've just ordered this, should arrive Tuesday, looking forward to it arriving and having a play. I'm also curious how well it soaks off. Did you get the trial kit? Is it easy to build with? X

Hi I've just ordered this, should arrive Tuesday, looking forward to it arriving and having a play. I'm also curious how well it soaks off. Did you get the trial kit? Is it easy to build with? X

Yes it is the trial kit, so has the pink, white, clear and a red, they feel nice and natural I did a sculpt as doing tips on myself is hard lol, very shinny but for work I have just put a matt clear varnish on as not supposed to have anything on them so need as natural as poss. Going to try and give them at least 2 weeks of hard work and see how they go, so need someone else to practice on. A little different to use than calgel but just have to get used to the feel of the gel, Calgel is just one gel for building and overlay. Its hard as I am just about to advertise and go mobile within the next few weeks, just getting everything ready, dont want to get a phone call and not have the stuff in lol, thats if it works for me in the first place, was going to start last year but things didnt work out right so hopefully this time I will get out there. As for removal, watch this space, I dont think it will be as easy as Calgel, that comes of easy this does seem a harder gel.

Hi, I've got this on at the moment. Just over natural nails. Had them on 2 weeks. Two have just started to lift at the free edge. I love the feel of them, they have stayed very shiny. I must say I'm a hairdresser so hands are in water continually and don't wear gloves at home :|. I have given them some bashing on purpose and I would say for me these have lasted the longest and stayed the glossiest for gel polish on my hands. I tend to trial new nail products for my daughter who is a nail tech...if they last on me then they pass.:)

You sound a little like me, hands always in water and never wear gloves, so 2 weeks is good really, I have done sculpts they seem strong and feel as natural as they can be. very shinny so far impressed but lets see how the next week or 2 goes. also depands on removal and how long that takes. maybe you could let me know when yours come off, if its easy enough and any damage to your nails. :)

just a little up date, I have soaked of the coloured gel using foils which came of easy and mostly all in one, the other nail I am removing is taking a little longer as it a sculpt and more built up but still working though, I do have the nail soak which I could use but rather do foils, mind you sitting watching telly and being lazy lol

I received my kit yesterday and had a play around last night with it, so far I am quiet impressed, the colour gel is very pigmented and only needed one coat, the white is to white for me and I had to mix it with some clear gel as I like a very natural look for work, I done sculpts last night and they seem very strong. I normally use Calgel but fancied trying these, also like the sound of the Brisa lite but really cant afford to invest in the lamp at the moment. also the NSI is led cured which is an advantage as my Cuccio Veneers are led cured so saves me having to have 2 lamps.

What do others think to this gel, has anyone tried to soak off using foils?, I know they say soak in a bowl but just wondered, any damage to natural nail?, lifting? etc, I know some of this would be down to prep and techs work but would like to hear what others think about it.

I use Calgel to but would be interested in trying this 😄

Latest posts

Back