I think I've had an allergic reaction please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

molliedolliee

Reaction score
Hi I am a hairdresser and I was just wondering if you could help me. I work as a colour technician so mainly just dealing with colours every day. I've been working in a salon for 6 years now. Just recently over the past two weeks I've developed a rash on my face which has caused one or even both my eyes to swell of a morning when I've woken up and then being consistently red itchy and sore throughout the day. I've been to the doctor who gave me some cream and it did help but now it's back again. I've been keeping my make up off my face and haven't changed anything soap or face cleansing wise. Is it possible to have a reaction to the colours on your face when working with them? My hands are fine. Thankyou

Have you tried any allergy remedies?
I get like that with Spring. Grass clippings are the worst :(
I never had an issue until last year but thankfully my pharmacist recommended some Reactine and I just take one in the morning and Im good all day

Cleen Cheeks Spa

I've taken piriton and tried allergy tablets beforehand but they don't seem to do much anymore :/

Weird question but do u use an e-cigarette? This happened to my mum and it turned out it was the liquid in her e-cig??

The fact that stood out from your post is that your job entails a lot of chemicals.
You probably wear gloves, but do you perhaps touch your face, maybe without realising it? Perhaps brushing your hair from your eyes? Just a thought.

Hi I am a hairdresser and I was just wondering if you could help me. I work as a colour technician so mainly just dealing with colours every day. I've been working in a salon for 6 years now. Just recently over the past two weeks I've developed a rash on my face which has caused one or even both my eyes to swell of a morning when I've woken up and then being consistently red itchy and sore throughout the day. I've been to the doctor who gave me some cream and it did help but now it's back again. I've been keeping my make up off my face and haven't changed anything soap or face cleansing wise. Is it possible to have a reaction to the colours on your face when working with them? My hands are fine. Thankyou

Hi Mollieedolliee

I feel for you I really do as I have had (and my sister has also) something very similar to what you are experiencing. I am by no way trying to diagnose you as it could be anything from a chemical reaction to severe allergy. What you need to do is start to take photo's so when you go to the doctor he/she can see it at its worse which is in the morning, am I right?

My sister and I were both suffering from "helicobacter" I knew nothing about this contition until a little over two years ago and how it can effect the skin around the eyes and face. It left my sister and I with a condition called " Chronic Urticaria & Angeo edema". Also has links to stomach ulcers. I'm not saying this is what you have but just sounds so similar with the rash in one eye then the other and moving down the face. Get to your doctor with some pictures and have a read online about the condition. It may turn out to be something really simple but thought I would share in case it doesnt get better quick.

Best of luck and keep me posted,

Lee-Anne

Hi Mollieedolliee

I feel for you I really do as I have had (and my sister has also) something very similar to what you are experiencing. I am by no way trying to diagnose you as it could be anything from a chemical reaction to severe allergy. What you need to do is start to take photo's so when you go to the doctor he/she can see it at its worse which is in the morning, am I right?

My sister and I were both suffering from "helicobacter" I knew nothing about this contition until a little over two years ago and how it can effect the skin around the eyes and face. It left my sister and I with a condition called " Chronic Urticaria & Angeo edema". Also has links to stomach ulcers. I'm not saying this is what you have but just sounds so similar with the rash in one eye then the other and moving down the face. Get to your doctor with some pictures and have a read online about the condition. It may turn out to be something really simple but thought I would share in case it doesnt get better quick.

Lee-Anne

Thanks so much for your comment. Yeah it's always worse in the morning. Last Thursday my right eye was swollen for 4 hours then today both my eyes were mildly swollen when I woke up for a couple of hours. Always seems to be on my day off from the salon that it's worse. Yours and your sisters sounds horrible are you both okay now? I will take your advice and read up on that because I've never heard of that before. I'm going to go to a dermatologist hopefully soon to see what could have caused this x thanks again!

Hi Mollieedolliee

Lee-Anne

I am very surprised to read that helicibacter pylori (the bacteria that causes infection in the stomach lining).can cause skin to flare up. I have a gastric ulcer, i come out in hives often. Wonder if its linked?

Sorry to just but in on your post Molliedollie. You could ask your GP to send u for allergy testing, they can do patch tests for all sorts of ingredients, it can be a long process but if it gets you answers its worth a go x

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back