I would like to work in a salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cosmicbabe

Reaction score
I just finsh college and I would like to work in a salon. i witren letters with my cv to nail, hair and beauty salons but they don't witre back. what can i do?:eek:

I have found the best way is to go into the salons and talk to them face to face - and possibly ask if you could do some work experience there - this certainly worked for me!

please fill in your profile so we can see what level of experience and training you have.

Oh - and by the way - if possible try and reduce the size of the font you are typing with on your threads as it is a little bit like shouting!

Good luck!

Maybe u could go round a few salons and meet them in person rather than witring a letter?
Take some pics of some of your work with u as a portfolio and hope that someones willing to give u a try out
HTH:hug:

I personally would go round all the salons in your area with your CV.We have no end of CV's sent to us and they are read then put away,Sell yourself.Get some feed back/references written by some of the people you have carried treatments out on.Above all remember to keep practicing,sadly a lot of newly qualified therapists think that they can walk into any salon based on the fact they are now,'qualified',you need to make salons want you above all the other hundreds of newly qualified therapists.Be the best you can and competence is the key to getting the job.You will be asked to do a trade test when you are successful in getting an interview and you need to shine.Also make sure there are no spelling mistakes on your cv,you will be amazed how many cv's are full of very obvious mistakes and to be honest that isn't a good start.HTH and good luck:hug:

I have a little home salon and you'll be amazed at the number of CV's I get through. It may seem rude not to reply but frankly I didn't ask them to write to me and I neither have the time to reply or am prepared to pay for the postage costs. Sorry if that seems harsh ... but it is honest!

I agree that you need to go into each salon armed with your cv and a warm smile. And maybe do a bit of homework, phone up the salon beforehand and find out who you should address your covering letter to, it's the little touches that make all the difference and make you stand out from the oh so many people who are in the same position as you. And make sure that your letter says a little about you to show your personality as CV's are so formal.

Finally I couldn't agree more with Babs, spelling errors = sloppiness and a salon owner does not want a sloppy therapist. If spelling is not your strong point (there a couple in your opening post) then get someone to proof read it for you.

good luck in your job hunt

It would also be helpful if you filled in your profile so that any future questions you may have can be answered in such a way that will aid you in whatever system your are using/training with.

Hi.. I'm a newby to the site..
I'm a salon owner and get loads of CV posted too, you take notice if someone stands out i definatly think going in person helps! Puts a face to a name.
I get lots and do keep hold of them for future refference, I'm actually digging some out at the mo..

Latest posts

Back