IBD Geeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glimmer Jo Jo

Reaction score
Hi There,
I'm a (new) IBD user for gel and gel polish. I'm looking for others who also use this product to read about their experiences etc but every time I put IBD in a search it comes back with no matches. I also looked in groups, but nothing...... Have I chosen a very unpopular brand or am I just not using the site correctly?? :eek:
Jo

Hey... I use IBD & love it :) xxx

I am applying IBD Parisol this very minute, my favourite shade ever! I use quite a few of the IBD gels and I think they are lovely x

I LOVE ibd, ordered candy blast today CAN NOT WAIT for it to arrive lol xx

IBD may not be one of the top two or three brands which tend to dominate this forum, but it is a great product and at a great price point. Only one of the salons I work with uses it exclusively and their clients love it. Great colours and effects, especially the new Calligraffiti collection. I just bought St. Avant Garde for myself and love it.

BTW, I just did a search and couldn't find anything on IBD Just Gel either, which is strange because I know I've mentioned it a few times. The search didn't even pick up this thread, so I don't know what is up with the search function.

I use IBD and like it. I find it wears nicely, and they offer a lot of colors. I do find it more difficult to remove than Shellac, which is my other standby. Someone just told me that I should only apply IBD's Gel Bonder to the free edge, and then it won't be so difficult for me to remove. I haven't tried it yet, but that makes sense. I know that I must use the Gel Bonder or else the service doesn't last very long, but containing it to the free edge or upper half of the nail is something I will definitely be trying so that I don't have to buff so much after soaking in acetone. Another difference between Shellac and IBD is that you need to break the topcoat's seal before soaking in acetone, or else the acetone doesn't get in there to remove; with Shellac, you don't have to break the seal. That's my two cents.

Hi, I use ibd Just Gel Polish, I have over 70 colours.

My facebook page has swatches of all the colours I have and also lots of swatches I have done on clients.

Feel free to have a look: www.facebook.com/belsgels

It is a great product to use and as mentioned previously in this thread I always use the Power Bond with my services.

You must roll the bottles well before use too as the pigment does settle in the bottle.

Have Fun!

There is definitely some threads lurking somewhere because I started one about layering colours and there's one a geek started on colour swatches too x

I use IBD Just Gel too and I love the colours. My ladies get 3 weeks from there gel mani's. I do use the power bond to but I think I will just be using it on the tips from now though xxx

I mainly use shellac but got some ibd just gel because I love the colours. I tend to used the smoothing gel under the just gel so the clients nails still have no buffing. I do buff off the shine & break the seal at the free edge for removal but find it only a bit longer than shellac removal.
Not sure if this is because of using smoothing gel though x
Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I find the opposite... IBD removes perfectly for me... I use foils to remove and it literally comes off whole.. It leaves behind the thin layer of base which I lightly buff.. I don't buff before soaking... It's great.. Love POWERBOND.. It's not shellac.. It's 100% gel and not a hybrid.. So in my opinion it's a different service.. Shellac is amazing for clients whom want no damage to nail etc.. But IBD and other gel polishes need buffing of natural nail etc xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384769656.018537.jpg purple passion x

Wow, thanks Geeks! I don't feel so lonely now lol.

Last edited:
Wow, thanks Geeks! I don't feel so lonely now lol.

You need to edit your post as we're not allowed to post trade prices on here.

It's a total myth that you need to be CND trained to use Shellac. You just need to have a manicure qualification. Most are accepted. If you phone them to set up an account that is the quickest way to get access to the website to see their prices.

The CND Shellac course is very reasonably priced anyway to help you get the most out of the product and in my opinion is a no brainer but it is totally optional.

Sweet Squared - UK CND Distributor.
Phone: 0845 210 6060

Last edited:
Hi, I use ibd Just Gel Polish, I have over 70 colours.

My facebook page has swatches of all the colours I have and also lots of swatches I have done on clients.

Feel free to have a look: www.facebook.com/belsgels

It is a great product to use and as mentioned previously in this thread I always use the Power Bond with my services.

You must roll the bottles well before use too as the pigment does settle in the bottle.

Have Fun!

Just had a lil look at your facebook....... you really are an IBD nut! Fab nails and facebook page. I love those little nails you've put on the bottles, I haven't seen those before.
jo

Syncage, ive deleted my post but am unable to remove you copy of it in your quote lol.
thanks for letting me know. I didn't realise I wasn't allowed to talk about cost.
jo

Last edited:
Syncage, ive deleted my post but am unable to remove you copy of it in your quote lol.
thanks for letting me know. I didn't realise I want allowed to talk about coat.
jo

no worries, I edited mine too. It's an unofficial rule, I just know from experience that the mods will edit any prices out so better if you have the opportunity to do it yourself!!

Just had a lil look at your facebook....... you really are an IBD nut! Fab nails and facebook page. I love those little nails you've put on the bottles, I haven't seen those before.
jo

You can get them on ebay, I like them too!

I love IBD Just Gel
There is also a IBD Just Gel Polish swatches on salon geek forum as well.

I love IBD Just Gel
There is also a IBD Just Gel Polish swatches on salon geek forum as well.

Thanks, how would I search for these swatches? When ever I put in an IBD search they mostly come back blank.....:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back