IBD help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B-Beauty

Reaction score
Hey geeks

Looking for some advice , im wondering how you all get on with ibd full system . Im qualified in and use both gelish in shellac and have have been for years and i have never had any problems and my nails always last until i take them off but i have ibd on to test it for salon and im not finding it durable! Iv replaced two of mine since thurs evening and one has went again now my mum who also has it on to trial had to remove last night as free edge slight chipping turning to lifting , same as whats happening to me ! I feel its a lot softer product anyone else have any probs

Thanks

Which ibd products do you have on? Hard gel, soak off, l& p or just gel?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Sorry just gel x

I use the ibd just gel polish, and have no problems with it. It generally lasts at least two - three weeks, and even longer on toes. Are you using the ibd power bond before the base coat? 😊

I have not used power bond ! I assumed that it was the same as a norm ph bond and used my gelish ph bond , do you think this could of caused this x

I've never used gelish so couldn't say. The ibd power ibd is designed for use with the ibd just gel polish range. It's what I've always used, and I've found the gels to be really long lasting. Hth 😊

Il have a look into it thankyou x

You also need to apply it really really thin. I can keep it on 2 weeks no problem and have clients who get 2-3 weeks out of it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

If you already use gelish, ibd just gel is compatible with their base & top coat.

Other than that, you must use the ibd powerbond if using ibd just gel base coat.

I personally use the artistic colour gloss base coat & ibd just gel top coat. Love it!

Ok so power bond is not just a dehydrator ? I still have it on all nails just minor chipping on free edge ! Iv applied thinly just like gelish capped free edge etc i feel that the product is softer . I just want to get it right xx

No, Powerbond is not a dehydrator. It's a bonder. Kind of like double sided sticky tape for your nails. I would dehydrate first, then apply ibd powerbond (doesn't need curing & a little bit goes a long way) then apply base coat & so on 😊

I use IBD and it works fine for me and some of my clients but there a handful that just don't get on with it.

No, Powerbond is not a dehydrator. It's a bonder. Kind of like double sided sticky tape for your nails. I would dehydrate first, then apply ibd powerbond (doesn't need curing & a little bit goes a long way) then apply base coat & so on 😊

Thank you il give it a go iv obv not realised this ! Iv got it on order thankyou x

Thank you il give it a go iv obv not realised this ! Iv got it on order thankyou x

No problem 😊 it can be confusing, especially since the names are so similar (ph bond/powerbond) you kind of just assume they would be a similar product.

Like I mentioned earlier, ibd just gel is compatible with gelish base & top coats. So if you find you still have issues, (which you shouldn't using the ibd pb) try using the ibd jgp with gelish.

No problem 😊 it can be confusing, especially since the names are so similar (ph bond/powerbond) you kind of just assume they would be a similar product.

Like I mentioned earlier, ibd just gel is compatible with gelish base & top coats. So if you find you still have issues, (which you shouldn't using the ibd pb) try using the ibd jgp with gelish.

Ok great thanks for your help x

Latest posts

Back